2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we'd have been midtable. The football would have been a different matter.

And what about fan engagement? I honestly couldn't see Evertonians ever getting onboard with a guy who repeatedly tells us our players are all crap, only plays boring football and had his history.

For the record, I'm genuinely not baiting you here. I'm interested in an alternative viewpoint.

Let's not rewrite history: the injuries we had were the most prolonged I can ever remember. We had no attack for the best part of half a season...and he was handed just £1.7M last summer.

In short, there were mitigating circumstances that can be pointed to - and if anyone challenges that they really aren't open to a serious debate.
He should have made better use of what he had to make it work, it turned too much into an excuse and the form suffered for it

Lampard, like Benitez, didn’t have our main striker and 3 of our 5 winter signings were ineligible not to mention we lost one of our CBs to injury early on and still managed to put a cohesive performance together

I wasn’t convinced before Benitez got the job but once he was in the door, I gave him the benefit of the doubt at times and pointed to injuries as a factor in results.

However, we played without DCL today and Doucoure and we played some of the best football in ages today and actually had good possession which we never had under Benitez.

So I can safely say that I’d rather watch our team after 5 days of training versus 6 months of Benitez

And what about fan engagement? I honestly couldn't see Evertonians ever getting onboard with a guy who repeatedly tells us our players are all crap, only plays boring football and had his history.

For the record, I'm genuinely not baiting you here. I'm interested in an alternative viewpoint.
The Benitez revolt was juvenile.

Those people in thje thick of it wont ever get my respect, because it was an indulgence for them to destablise things at the club so they could be proven right.

He should have made better use of what he had to make it work, it turned too much into an excuse and the form suffered for it

Lampard, like Benitez, didn’t have our main striker and 3 of our 5 winter signings were ineligible not to mention we lost one of our CBs to injury early on and still managed to put a cohesive performance together
It;s one performance with this shower of cowards mate. I really really would like to believe that they will continue to show for the ball and pressure the opposition, but we all KNOW that they'll crawl back behind the couch in the coming weeks and make another manager look like they are clueless.

As said: Lampard's task here is to just secure PL status so that in the summer he can get the chance to clear most of them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.