2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not rewrite history: the injuries we had were the most prolonged I can ever remember. We had no attack for the best part of half a season...and he was handed just £1.7M last summer.

In short, there were mitigating circumstances that can be pointed to - and if anyone challenges that they really aren't open to a serious debate.
Benitez was seriously unlucky with injuries, but even after the worst of that crisis had passed he proved himself incapable of arresting the slide. The players that were fit and on the pitch were not playing to the best of their abilities. Now, you may say this is a matter of attitude or work ethic, but to that I'd say:

a) If there is a widespread malaise among the squad, that can only, ultimately, be laid at the feet of a manager who cannot motivate his playing staff. And

b) The reason they were so demotivated in the first place was likely because they were being sent out week after week with a hideously negative, unpalatable, joyless and ineffective gameplan, which, even when executed correctly, gave only a marginal possibility of bagging a win.

Benitez was seriously unlucky with injuries, but even after the worst of that crisis had passed he proved himself incapable of arresting the slide. The players that were fit and on the pitch were not playing to the best of their abilities. Now, you may say this is a matter of attitude or work ethic, but to that I'd say:

a) If there is a widespread malaise among the squad, that can only, ultimately, be laid at the feet of a manager who cannot motivate his playing staff. And

b) The reason they were so demotivated in the first place was likely because they were being sent out week after week with a hideously negative, unpalatable, joyless and ineffective gameplan, which, even when executed correctly, gave only a marginal possibility of bagging a win.
By the time we had injured coming back the club was in crisis - and handing these jellyfish a crisis to handle was an impossible task for them.

The thing with the Benitez stuff for me (and getting back to Lampard as it's his thread) is that a lot of people are going to set another mnanager up for a fall here because they've sided with these players again in their haste to bury Benitez with the failures of the current season.

Those players - make NO mistake - will get Lampard under the microscope VERY soon.

Let’s bin all the ‘Tory’ comments now too. I get they are all light hearted quips etc but if you listen to the end of his post match interview I’d say he’s aware of those comments when he says “I’m not going to hide where I’m from, I’m from London, well Essex actually”

Can’t think of any other context to why he’s said that?

Comes across a genuine bloke and seems to already ‘get’ us, so I’d say all the ‘tory’ comments need to stop as they are irrelevant
And the Fronk comments - dearie me

By the time we had injured coming back the club was in crisis - and handing these jellyfish a crisis to handle was an impossible task for them.

The thing with the Benitez stuff for me (and getting back to Lampard as it's his thread) is that a lot of people are going to set another mnanager up for a fall here because they've sided with these players again in their haste to bury Benitez with the failures of the current season.

Those players - make NO mistake - will get Lampard under the microscope VERY soon.

At some point though Dave, it's a managers job to manage that situation?

And I mean we have signed 5 players this month. Are they automatically following the same pattern? If so, we should as a football club be asking why?

It;s one performance with this shower of cowards mate. I really really would like to believe that they will continue to show for the ball and pressure the opposition, but we all KNOW that they'll crawl back behind the couch in the coming weeks and make another manager look like they are clueless.

As said: Lampard's task here is to just secure PL status so that in the summer he can get the chance to clear most of them out.
But you where telling us to get used to Jaffa boy being here long term.

What was it ?... Get behind him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.