2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember picking teams as a child.

Frank would be peed having to pick just a few. Im sure he'll come out of retirement as player manager just to make the numbers up

They are being, by us?

Why are you suggesting the players aren't being held to account? The only one who can do that is the manager and he gave them a dressing down in his interview and now he needs to show bottle and get them out of the side.
Lots of them should no longer be playing for the club. They should have been sold long ago. Lampard had no chance coming in on deadline day

I don't like this at all. A manager coming out in his press conference after a 4-0 defeat and saying 'the tactics were spot on but the players havent got any bollocks'. A manager can't just detach himself from blame after a 4-0 defeat. Whats his comeback if a player says 'well we had a manager who knew what he was doing last season and we got 59 points'? Defeats, and wins, need to be taken collectively. He can slaughter the players behind closed doors if he wants but i'm not into him doing it in his press conferences.

Can we please put an end to this utter nonsense statement, fed up of hearing it.
Being a serial winner as a player means nothing when it comes to management.
So was Koeman, Gullit, Lawrenson, the F*** Nevilles etccc.
Great players have never been great managers, just like the best managers were never great players.
Ferguson = Crap Player
Morinho= A third division portuguese goalkeeper
Bob Paisley = Played non league for Bishop Auckland
Pep, Conte, Mancini, Zidane, Ancelotti, Simeone, Brian Clough even Ferguson had a decent career up in Scotland.

Vieira has made an excellent start at Palace.

I don't like this at all. A manager coming out in his press conference after a 4-0 defeat and saying 'the tactics were spot on but the players havent got any bollocks'. A manager can't just detach himself from blame after a 4-0 defeat. Whats his comeback if a player says 'well we had a manager who knew what he was doing last season and we got 59 points'? Defeats, and wins, need to be taken collectively. He can slaughter the players behind closed doors if he wants but i'm not into him doing it in his press conferences.

…I have to say, it’s a concern if he thinks all the tangibles (selection, organisation, tactics) are fine. If he genuinely doesn’t realise he’s making mistakes then we’re doomed.

Agree, not taking any responsibility at all. Concern he doesn’t think there’s any issue with tactics because it means he’ll persist playing the back 5 And 2 in midfield.

He doesn't need to tell them they have no balls, they already know it some more than others. We've all known that for quite a number of years. Welcome to EFC Frank.

Anyone blaming a manager at this point are massive whoppers. Not much will change until there is a mass (and I mean mass, 8, 9 or 10) clearout of players.

The best way to sum it up is in most of my time of watching Everton I've always been worried about our players going. Baines, Fellaini, Arteta, Cahill, Coleman once upon a time, Barkley, Lukaku, Jags, Stones, McCarthy after that first season with us.

Behind them we had players still chipping in who were solid (Distin, Pienaar, Naismith, Osman, Hibbert, Barry, Mirallas, Deulofeu etc.)

There's not one player in our squad I'd be gutted or scared of losing, that includes Richarlison, Calvert Lewin and Gordon - not criticising the latter as he's been our only bright spark. Behind the first choice 11 there's no one I'd consider solid.

Don't see how any normal person looks at that squad and says oh yeah that's definitely the managers fault they're in the position they're in. Definitely reckon that after Silva went, Ancelotti, Benitez and Lampard have all come in with an arrogance about them thinking along the lines of get confidence back, add some of my own signings and things will be plain sailing and all three have been shocked by the actual state of the players.

See some people on twitter saying how Ancelotti managed to get 10th, 2nd by christmas etc. Forgetting that we were ridiculously lucky to have him as a manager, we knew it, he knew it, and even with a world class proven manager we finished 10th and I sat on here on a thread about a manager and watched the same people say the same things about a different manager that they're saying today.

Wonder what's stayed mostly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.