2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam would be the best bet to get us safe, I can’t think of any others available as Sam’s record is good at saving clubs. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want him back but it’s getting to a very critical point in the season now and we aren’t looking good. It’s ok saying Frank will be good for us in the championship, I’d rather us be in the PL even if it was wit Sam or another manager.

he took west brom down he would take us down. lampard will be but it’s all on these players

He was in the country and at finch farm for Lampard's appointment.

Moshiri does make every big decision but nothing to do with the day to day running of the club
If he was as autocratic as you seem to think he is it would be Pereira on the brink of the sack and not Lampard. Or maybe even Benitez.

If he was as autocratic as you seem to think he is it would be Pereira on the brink of the sack and not Lampard.
Mate, Pereira still got a final interview... Moshiri and Kia wanted him in there.

Maybe he'd have been right, who knows (I doubt it, it was an awful list to pick from), but Moshiri was willing to go again with VP and annoyingly that cost us even more time in the window as we waited another 2 days to do a 3rd round of friggin interviews.

Moshiri ultimately calls the shots and ultimately is to blame. That's not me absolving Kenrwight, but the only person who can get rid of Kenrwight, and ergo decided to let him stay involved, is Moshiri.

Hi everyone, Chelsea fan here (yes I know we're skint before you all tell me). I was interested to see how Frank would get on with your lot. Sadly it looks like he's out of his depth. Want him to do well, obviously. Looked out for your result tonight (after our game) and things look bad. This is all new territory for him, and he's up against a lot of good coaches, in a tough league.

If I'm honest it's not a surprise. I understand why he took the job. It's a big club but I don't think he'll be getting another big club if you go down. I never thought for a second you'd go down, there were too many poor sides around you, but 7 defeats in 9 (or whatever it is) is bad.

At Chelsea he never picked a settled side, he never knew his best formation, his best striker, his best centre-backs and so on. We got some good results and he didn't do too badly in his first season but we never played with control. At Chelsea, with the calibre of player, you need to be controlling games. We also conceded loads. He was just tactically poor.

Man-management also. Poor. Got on the wrong side of players. Rudiger, Alonso etc. Players seem to regress under him. He always blamed the team for defeats, questioning their commitment and mentality rather than his tactics. Once it started to go wrong in the second season, he couldn't turn it around, the players looked lost and confused.

His explanation for defeats was always about lack of commitment, about the second ball, about courage etc. He couldn't get a grasp on what was going wrong tactically. He just didn't have the answers. You could see the stress and the pressure getting to him. I fear the same is happening now.

Feel bad saying it because it's Frank but I wouldn't bet against you going down. Hopefully he can turn it around. I was happy when we appointed him and sad when we sacked him although I knew it was the right decision. The Chelsea job was too big for him (with the expectation) and the Everton job looks too big for him (the pressure of keeping you up). Very risky appointment. The position you were in, you needed a safe pair of hands, or someone with a track record. Easy to say that now I suppose. Anyway I hope I'm wrong and you stay up. See you all for the game at Goodison.
There ye have it.

As a person he doesn't seem awful

But as I said at the time it was just a horrible appointment, their is no logic other than he was free

That Portuguese manager would of got more out of this team

I think he's alright, he's been let down by some of the worst players we've ever had - fighting with one hand behind his back at times

HOWEVER, he does make some baffling decisions when it comes to game management. We could all see there for the last 25 minutes that Holgate had to come off because of the yellow and the game was stretched. Alright, Delph is Delph, but change something at the very least - give the kid Price a go if nothing else.

As a person he doesn't seem awful

But as I said at the time it was just a horrible appointment, their is no logic other than he was free

That Portuguese manager would of got more out of this team
Neither of them should have been in contention, it should have gone to a British coach who prioritises not conceding. It's all well and good trying to play expansive when you have the players to do that but when you have woeful players its arrogant to believe you can just waltz in and outplay teams with managers with much more experience

Status
Not open for further replies.