2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What more could Frank have done?

We had just 10 men for 70-odd minutes against a decent side who put four past Chelsea last month.

The players fought like tigers but ultimately no team could have held on today.

The big worry is that we have just one central defender in the squad who’s not injured or suspended.

Things seemed to be going so well. The crowd was spurring us on and we were dominating and then the red card happened (after Richarlison was fouled in their box for the first time) and the crowd suddenly went quiet, understandably so.
This is my take too. Lampard put a side out that were over powering Brentford.
The game changed on two decisions from the referee the first was not to award a penalty for a blatant shirt pull which then stops us going down to ten men.
The second is not to book the Brentford defender and ultimately send him off for the second penalty.
Either of those scenarios occur it’s an Everton win.

Still people will blame the manager. Utter joke. Lampard will face the chop soon. Even if we somehow manage to beat the drop he'll still be gone before Dec. A new patsy will be brought in and they'll be gone either before that season ends or early on in the next. The endless cycle of crap will just continue and still the same section of the fans will call for the next manager's head all the while our owner and his board continue their seemingly endless mission to destroy the club almost entirely unopposed. Its embarrassing at this point. No other fanbase would just accept an owner and board destroying them like this let alone moan about the latest manager as though us being crap was something new and unprecedented that none of his predecessors had overseen. Ridiculous.

Lampard surprises/confuses me with at least one selection every single match. That being said, he simply cannot legislate for how many major individual mistakes we make. Yes we should have had a penalty and Michael Oliver was a cheating pig yesterday, but what Branthwaite did was not even Sunday league defending in terms of how shockingly bad it was.

Richarlison switching off at the front post and Gordon asleep on the backpost and in the space of a few minutes in the second half we go from having something to hold onto to having to chase the game with a man down. There was also Richarlison's inexplicable miss in the first few minutes that would have sent us on our way early doors when we were in complete control.

Yes Lampard is not perfect, but he is being let down every game by these brain-dead players who will always a find a way to self-destruct. Cheating match officials are also most unwelcome.

Oliver did for us today, not Lampard. Branthwaite's sending off should never have happened, because we should have been preparing to take a penalty instead of dealing with a breakaway when he collided with Toney. The Rondon sending off was pure comedy gold, I hope to never see the clown in play for us again. We had also missed a couple of gilt edged opportunities early on.

I don't think it was down to Lampard, although, if Allan was fit enough to be on the bench, he should have replaced Gomes at half time.

Lampard surprises/confuses me with at least one selection every single match. That being said, he simply cannot legislate for how many major individual mistakes we make. Yes we should have had a penalty and Michael Oliver was a cheating pig yesterday, but what Branthwaite did was not even Sunday league defending in terms of how shockingly bad it was.

Richarlison switching off at the front post and Gordon asleep on the backpost and in the space of a few minutes in the second half we go from having something to hold onto to having to chase the game with a man down. There was also Richarlison's inexplicable miss in the first few minutes that would have sent us on our way early doors when we were in complete control.

Yes Lampard is not perfect, but he is being let down every game by these brain-dead players who will always a find a way to self-destruct. Cheating match officials are also most unwelcome.
He had no right playing Branthwaite yesterday. Not in that pressure cooker.

I know he was forced into playing a CB, but we should have seen some juggling of formation or personnel.

Mykolenko has played CB before in his career. He could have played him at CB and brought Kenny in at LB.

Obviously we can’t keep sacking managers, and eventually we do need to give a manager time, but Frank has massively underperformed here. He had half a season to sort this mess out and had like 3/4 games in hand on some of the teams just below us and we are still fighting to stay up in the final week. Any other manager would be getting crap for this.

How is Lampard getting stick for yesterday? We were well on top and creating chances, until we had the man sent off. How has VAR not called that back and given a penalty? It was a mistake from Branthwaite to get the wrong side of his man, but that Toney was doing it all game, going down if anyone breathed near him.

I was thinking of the Arsenal/Spurs game when Arteta didn't make a change and Spurs scored, but Lampard didn't really have any options and we were still the better side with the 10 men at that point.

Second half, two players switch off and we're chasing the game again. Concentration is a massive issue with this set of players, they don't seem to sense danger and the amount of individual errors we make is a joke.

He had no right playing Branthwaite yesterday. Not in that pressure cooker.

I know he was forced into playing a CB, but we should have seen some juggling of formation or personnel.

Mykolenko has played CB before in his career. He could have played him at CB and brought Kenny in at LB.
So rather than play a CB at CB, you wanted him to play a LB at CB and a RB at LB.

Oliver did for us today, not Lampard. Branthwaite's sending off should never have happened, because we should have been preparing to take a penalty instead of dealing with a breakaway when he collided with Toney. The Rondon sending off was pure comedy gold, I hope to never see the clown in play for us again. We had also missed a couple of gilt edged opportunities early on.

I don't think it was down to Lampard, although, if Allan was fit enough to be on the bench, he should have replaced Gomes at half time.
Another that's annoying me but isn't getting mentioned enough is the Palace player who took Richarlison down should of been booked, why wasn't he?

When he came we were trying to play out too much and have more possession than this team is capable of.

However I think we’ve gone too far the other way now. Even with 11 yesterday we were hoofing it long and playing for scraps.

I don’t mind playing direct sometimes, but you need some midfield control as well. We need to play a midfield 3. Not doing that has cost us so many points this season.

Playing Branthwaite wasn't the wrong decision. It was the only logical option and we needed height against them. Unfortunately the player is young and made a big error.

The real issue is where are all our senior centre halves. Why are they not on the pitch
Where the he'll was Keane yesterday? We're told he was not feeling well to be honest the best part of 40000 people in that ground were not feeling well .but they are not played 50,000 a week to sort it out.
Is this now the second time in a few weeks he has cried of sick?
Now if he has issues I don't know about I apologize but it seems to me he needs to walk away and get professional help.

Status
Not open for further replies.