2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank needs to get more out if the midfield. 15 games in and a total of 1 goal has come from the middle 3. For such a legendary attacking mid, you'd think he would have produced more threat from our mids (Iwobi aside).

100%

That midfield trio should be used as our biggest tool

They have the legs and that ability off the ball to be a thorn in the side of any opposition we play, especially at Goodison

Any manager capable of co-ordinating an organised press would love to have a trio like that

Our attacking players like Gordon / Gray / McNeil have taken the brunt of the criticism for our underperformance this season but we have shown in almost every single game that we sorely lack the ability to get them the ball in threatening areas

If anyone thinks a new attacker is magically going to fix Lampard's woes you have absolutely no idea just how dysfunctional he has this side playing at the moment

Our attacking gameplan has been, for the most part, give the ball to Gray / Gordon, wherever they may be on the pitch, and just hope they can beat two or three men and grab us a goal - that is a gameplan that is not sustainable even if we had someone like a Salah / Son / Foden etc.

This squad may not be a top-8 quality side but if we went out and got a manager who knows how to properly coach pressing and our shape when we are in possession we would be nowhere near another relegation battle

I'm baffled by the apathy towards getting rid of Lampard, he has had enough time and enough players bought in under him to have shown the fans something on the pitch to give us an idea of what we're working towards - he has completely failed in that regard
Really? Enough time ? I agree that a new striker won't sort it because we wouldn't get the ball to him but an"Arteta/ James " type someone who can see a pass would help .Someone like Garner !

Didn’t Bielsa get sacked because he was taking Leeds down last season? Seems a very Moshiri thing to do.

He's going to Bournemouth, isn't he? Besides, he won't work anywhere where they don't give him total control of everything down to the design of the recovery room and remodelling the training ground. There's no way our board would give up the trainset.

I imagine Frank is sitting there chastened by the lack of impact of some of his signings as beyond the 2 cbs it's all been a bit underwhelming.

Funds have been at the bargain basement end of the spectrum so maybe that's all there is to it and he's reconciled to the unfolding tragedy by emptying the mini bar in his hotel room and belting out "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor. He should consider reprising the performance before the next home game by way of a diversion for the fans.

I reckon Mohiri will give Frank another transfer window and see how he goes till February. Then
if its still crap appoint a panic manager and hope for the best and my guess that manager would be Sean
Dyche.

Frank bought Maupay and Dwight. Sackable offences. Nonetheless I hope Frank gets it right coz the club needs
stability and continuance and I'm sure Moshiri is sick of paying off failures who laugh all the way to the bank
in the Virgin Islands.
If it was FL who bought Maupay & McNeil, then what's the point of us employing a DOF? What does he do?

They're already a thing for those who survived the meteor that took out the dinosaurs
Hilarious stuff, Oscar Wilde. I wonder how many slow claps that was supposed to get on the 'eXpected laughs'-o-meter. After all, luddite football just isn't real football without a pie chart and spreadsheet now, is it.

I imagine Frank is sitting there chastened by the lack of impact of some of his signings as beyond the 2 cbs it's all been a bit underwhelming.

Funds have been at the bargain basement end of the spectrum so maybe that's all there is to it and he's reconciled to the unfolding tragedy by emptying the mini bar in his hotel room and belting out "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor. He should consider reprising the performance before the next home game by way of a diversion for the fans.
So many factors working against Frank. We know them all.

The question is, as of any manager, is the side more or less than the sum of its parts. Right now it’s less. For all the flaws in construction this side should be better than it’s been. We know it can be because we’ve seen it.

There was a great American football coach, Bum Phillips, looked like the stereotype of a good ole boy Texan, cowboy hat and all. He once complimented another legendary coach thusly:

He can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.

Frank is not that level of coach and may not ever be, and anyone who is likely doesn’t want the job. But this is as pithy a description of a coach’s remit as you’ll find. I thought after Palace Frank had figured out how to deploy “his’n.”

Guess not.

All the other teams are having a 2 week break and coming back early December to have a mini pre-season.

While we are planning to fly half way across the world to play a few friendlies then get back and have a 2 week break and start our mini pre-season later than the rest of the teams in the league.

Rumours on twitter we want to hijack the Bielsa move to Bournemouth lol
Ah well, so long as somebody somewhere on platform where anyone can say anything said it, it's impossible for it not to be true. Wonder if he'll bring in Dan James to form the winger dreamteam with McNeil? I'm sure big Mick Keggers will take to murderball like a duck to water. Or should that be truck.

So many factors working against Frank. We know them all.

The question is, as of any manager, is the side more or less than the sum of its parts. Right now it’s less. For all the flaws in construction this side should be better than it’s been. We know it can be because we’ve seen it.

There was a great American football coach, Bum Phillips, looked like the stereotype of a good ole boy Texan, cowboy hat and all. He once complimented another legendary coach thusly:

Frank is not that level of coach and may not ever be, and anyone who is likely doesn’t want the job. But this is as pithy a description of a coach’s remit as you’ll find. I thought after Palace Frank had figured out how to deploy “his’n.”

Guess not.
I agree but the issue is the world is full of identikit coaches of which Frank appears to be one. Bum (what a great name) is talking about a coach that doesn't exist in our pay grade. In which case does revisiting the managerial merry go round to recruit what will almost certainly be another identikit coach really improve matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.