2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we have got to give a manager the time and the tools to do his job. He has inherited an absolutely awful squad and has had effectively one proper window to sort it. He (or the club) made the mistake of thinking lewin would be fit enough and probably over bought defensively minded midfield players but we've got to get out of the spiral of 12 months sack 12 months sack eventually.
The manager has to bring tools to the table as well

Has he looked all that great to you so far?

I was expecting more of an impact tbh.
He's not the finished article but his passing is levels ahead of everyone in the squad bar Iwobi. So tired of seeing our players pass into the ankles of their teammates, be precise and accurate and we would be far more comfortable in games.

He's not the finished article but his passing is levels ahead of everyone in the squad bar Iwobi. So tired of seeing our players pass into the ankles of their teammates, be precise and accurate and we would be far more comfortable in games.
I want to believe in Garner. Local lad and looks a throwback in the way he plays.

Maybe he's suffering from the step up? At Forest he was a dominant player who made tempo. Iwobi seems to be our tempo setter.

Something I have been churning over in my mind is this...

If the club give Lampard time and he gets us relegated or leaves us after January in a very difficult situation, would the Frank in supporters shoulder that responsibility or would they blame the board?

My guess is, perhaps I`m cynical, is the board would get the blame.... It might be the right decision to give Frank time, but again it might not.

I was in a space last night and alot was made about Franks playing career, which IMO means nothing, and having Edwards, Cole and Clement. Yes Clement has some good experience in some of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world but I have seen nothing to suggest any of them are having any impact whatsoever on Everton FC even after a year.

A year, one window, £105m on 8 signings and we have gone backwards.......

If the club give Lampard time and he gets us relegated or leaves us after January in a very difficult situation, would the Frank in supporters shoulder that responsibility or would they blame the board?

My guess is, perhaps I`m cynical, is the board would get the blame.... It might be the right decision to give Frank time, but again it might not.

I was in a space last night and alot was made about Franks playing career, which IMO means nothing, and having Edwards, Cole and Clement. Yes Clement has some good experience in some of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world but I have seen nothing to suggest any of them are having any impact whatsoever on Everton FC even after a year.

They wont do but they certainly should considering the flack they have been dishing oot consistently to the "Benitez 8" these past 12 months.

I'm a forgiving man though so I won't be getting on their backs.

If we appointed say Howe Bielsa or anyone for that matter when we appointed Lampard and we were in the same position now players/performance/points wise would you want them fired??
If yes and we appoint a new manager who is having similar failings as we are now after 12 months would you sack them as well?

No mate, cos its not my decision, so why would I take responsibility for something I have no control over.

It would be like blaming me for Boris Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.