2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he has some signings lined up, I think he is going soon. It's a shame and I think he will be gutted too. But it's one step to me stopping supporting a football team and that s good

Won't stop supporting. But I'll be apathetic about the whole thing like a battered house wife who can't leave. Just numb to it.

I'm not one for sacking managers, however, I've seen zero improvement in his time here, regression arguably.

There is zero intensity, takes two, three or four touches to play the ball that's on in one. Full backs generally curtailed and clearly told to play it safe.

But for me, it's the defensive side of things that's inexcusable. We defend like an international side. We just drop into a formation, nothing more. There is zero organised press. The odd time it happens, there is no trigger, it's just one, occasionally two players off their own back. That for me is unforgivable, he's been here long enough to organise and sort that out, that he hasn't speaks volumes.

I don't think we have the worst team in the league, only just better than a couple, but I do think we are the most poorly set up and coached side in the league.
This. No team can survive in this league without an organise team press. we press individually(half hearted) and some players just stroll around exposing passing options everywhere to be exploited.

Yep.
But if we had junior stanislas , Dominic solanke, kiefer Moore and jaydon Anthony as our attacking options do you think we would be doin better

Are they any worse than the options right now? Probably not.
Everton fans over hype even our average players. I stayed out of the alex iwobi thread for a while as i thought it was cringe. People going on like he was suddenly luka modric.
We dont have that many good players. They get paid a lot more than those at other clubs we look down on. But thats because Everton over pay for bland players.

Villa pulled the trigger on Gerrard and brought in one of the most decorated managers in European football over the past decade. Why aren't we able to follow suit? They were a Championship team until relatively recently. We will be a Championship team next season. We spend tens of millions on crap players and pay them £100k a week.

Villa have the foresight to make the change before the turd hits the fan, so the job isn’t completely unattractive. Everton will persist with failing managers until it gets to absolutely disastrous levels, and the job becomes highly unattractive to potential replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back