2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
A forward, "false 9" or whatever you wanna call it, used to be an inside forward, but not a striker and not a striker in the sense we need Maupay to be anyway.

Unless you think that at 1.70m Messi plays as a complete forward number 9 who goes up for headers all the time lol
Messi plays in the middle of a front 3
where does Maupay play again?

No mate, not at all

His in game management is very poor.

But the cold hard facts is that we have 4 fit attackers that haven’t scored 50 top flight goals in their entire career
He had money to spend in the summer and bought Midfielders who can’t score a dire winger, and a striker allergic to goals.

I'm not one for sacking managers, however, I've seen zero improvement in his time here, regression arguably.

There is zero intensity, takes two, three or four touches to play the ball that's on in one. Full backs generally curtailed and clearly told to play it safe.

But for me, it's the defensive side of things that's inexcusable. We defend like an international side. We just drop into a formation, nothing more. There is zero organised press. The odd time it happens, there is no trigger, it's just one, occasionally two players off their own back. That for me is unforgivable, he's been here long enough to organise and sort that out, that he hasn't speaks volumes.

I don't think we have the worst team in the league, only just better than a couple, but I do think we are the most poorly set up and coached side in the league.

My point is he isn’t good enough. His height isn’t the problem.
It's definitely a part of it - you can't expect him to contest high balls against grock cbs, that's actually laughable lol

Problem is rather we're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with him.

Not saying he's great btw, very limited player and shockingly inconsistent at actually kicking the ball somehow, but we're certainly not doing him any favours.

If we had been calm and patient with Benitez, we would have been in a much healthier situation now. Instead, we pressed the panic button, and replaced one of the most meritorious managers in the game, with a posh boy with little experience and an unimpressive CV. His friends in the media give him continuous protection, and some supporters are unable to see past the glossy image.

I laugh when someone makes fun of managers like Dyche, a proper manager, who, despite having very limited resources, led Burnley to the PL, kept them there stable for several years, and led them out into Europe - a bit the same as Ediie Howe. What is Lampard then? Lampard is nowhere near those managers, although some have led you to believe that Lampard is the next Alex Ferguson if given time. Haha.
You make golfyboys posts seem sane and profound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back