2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard should have been fired for almost taking us down. Benitez would likely have had us safe, even though he was a horrendous appointment and should have never been here in the first place. To come so close to going down was a poor effort by Lampard. Celebrating a home victory against Crystal Palace like we'd had secured the quadruple is kin embarrassing. Now he's blaming the fans for defeats - he's reached the end of the road.

It's not on Lampard. Ground atmosphere was awful yesterday especially after 1 all. Some of the players don't deserve to wear the shirt and unfortunately a couple of usually fairly reliable players let us down.

Tarkowski... I rate him and like him but him and Coady. Starting Mina was a mistake. Goal yeah ok but he's a muppet.

Somethings gotta give, I just don't think it's the manager yet. Write the City game off (just please don't concede a record score) and we will see against Brighton. Weirdly I can see us getting a win at old Trafford in the cup (just to make things even weirder) and I think that could be either our springboard or the nail in the coffin.

Oh and Maupay is not the answer to anything other than who is better, Maupay or Rondon.
We will get well beaten by Brighton and Utd. Expecting anything else is a triumph of hope over realism.

We can’t buy 2 number 9’s I don’t see the point in that, one with a wide player who can score and create. Chelsea getting linked to a lot of midfielders, maybe try a loan for Gallagher
I can see your point but imagine the Everton curse hits the only 1 we bought and he gets injured (it happens a lot here), we are then stuck with Maupay / Lewin and a young lad from the youth teams. We need more cover and at the moment regarding strikers we are struggling .

Last season was absolutely 100% a survival season when he took over

I dont see any realistic manager out there who could come and fix us. We are an utter shambles. Lampard will eventually go and its inevitable at this stage, but it will make next to no difference.
I agree with you in general in that the manager is not the ultimate arbiter of whether we can be "fixed" or not. I agree that the board is the malignant cancer that must be addressed. Managers are almost superfluous, in the big picture, to that.

However, I do think that a decent manager gets us to about 13th or 14th and reasonable comfort. To me, and I said this since before we appointed him, Lampard is a PR man rather than a decent manager. It's fine margins at the bottom, and an over-promoted chancer like Frank probably gets found out there over time. Get a decent manager in - one with a serious record, not a nice face or a stellar playing career - and we get safe with some comfort. We're not asking for much.

Where have I ever said I worshipped him you cretin? Please provide some evidence of this, otherwise do one…

You've attacked half the forum in recent weeks for questioning his management so its fair to assume you are fond of him.

Why you getting hot my boy ? Was only asking for your opinion on his comments.

Lampard should have been fired for almost taking us down. Benitez would likely have had us safe, even though he was a horrendous appointment and should have never been here in the first place. To come so close to going down was a poor effort by Lampard. Celebrating a home victory against Crystal Palace like we'd had secured the quadruple is kin embarrassing. Now he's blaming the fans for defeats - he's reached the end of the road.

Not sure about that. We were nose diving under him. And everything was toxic. Everything.
Crowd at Goodison kept this rabble up just as much. And that crowd wouldnt have been as enthusiastic under benitez.

Vast majority of Everton fans wanted Lampard as Manager. Inc me. We reap what we have sewn.
He was the best of a very bad bunch on offer to us at the time. He's a really likable guy and I think he's reputation and status within the game got something out of those players. He also benefitted from not being Benitiez, that alone united the fans and once the fanbase was united we dragged that team over the line.
Sell our best player and take away the gimmick of who Lampard is and the player he was and we're left with a very inexperienced manager taking charge of a very poor group of players.
I don't want to see us sack another manager and I really like him, i think he's a genuinely nice guy, a proper football man but he's a proving to be a very poor manager - certainly at this level. Tactically he's inept and he's got little to no idea of how to change a game when we need it.
Again i appreciate he's working with some serious dross but still - 3 wins and it's nearly January, that's as bad as anything we've ever seen.
His future entirely relies on the Jan window - as does the entire club. Get that wrong and we're finished.
Sadly, i feel we'll be forced to move him on, i just hope when it happens, it happens with enough time to to stop the rot.

You've attacked half the forum in recent weeks for questioning his management so its fair to assume you are fond of him.

Why you getting hot my boy ? Was only asking for your opinion on his comments.

He’s the Everton manager, so yes I’ve supported him like I support every Everton manager (except one).

Your original gloating post said I ‘worshipped’ him. Can you please post evidence of me saying this. Otherwise stop lying for effect. Again.

I have and still am fully behind him but this constant reference to him being the fans choice doesn't really hold water.
Were the polls the ones with FL , Duncan Ferguson and Vitor Pierre?
I personally wasn't particularly happy with the appointment but once selected wanted to see him a given proper chance to do the job.
A lot of us felt the same: underwhelmed but of course once he's selected we all wanted him to be successful. And you're right: the polls had no sensible choices on them, but they did have 'other' IIRC.

Go and re-read the forums if you think he wasn't the fans' favourite at the time. It's rewriting history to say the board foisted him on the club against the wishes of fans. If anything, they were probably guilty of paying too much attention to what fans were saying - trying to make amends for the Benitez debacle.

Lampard did his job last season and was the right choice at the right time

Whether he is still the right person is a whole other debate. The evidence certainly suggests he is not.
The problem is,
Fans against him and im on the fence now, will tell you another manager be it,
Dyche, moyes or Martinez will get us out of This situation, well all 3 have sent teams down before, I know dyche got sacked before it happened, but it was a strong possibility.

We started the season with a fit forward line of 3 players costing 1.7mil. 2 injured that cost around 1 mil. This is our attack in 2022
In the richest league in world. We added cheap squad fillers,in Maupay and McNeil because that’s all we could afford. Unless we bring in 2 quality forwards we’re in massive danger of going down.

We all watch the training videos and see
Our forwards smashing them into the top corners from 20yards, if they then can’t find the corner from 5yrds on match day,
Is that Franks fault.

Benitez would have relegated us, it had all fallen apart by the time he went and we were in a tailspin. The crowd had turned toxic and it was obvious that he was falling out with more and more players as the days went by. Imnot saying that Lampard is a better manager than Benitez, but, he was certainly a better Everton manager.

For what it's worth, I'm now pretty certain that Lampard will take us down this season if he stays, he just seems lost over the past couple of months and a lot of the players seem to be ambling around the pitch looking for the easy option of a sideways or backwards pass. Trouble is, I don't have any confidence in the club to find a manager who can improve things with this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back