2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is,
Fans against him and im on the fence now, will tell you another manager be it,
Dyche, moyes or Martinez will get us out of This situation, well all 3 have sent teams down before, I know dyche got sacked before it happened, but it was a strong possibility.

We started the season with a fit forward line of 3 players costing 1.7mil. 2 injured that cost around 1 mil. This is our attack in 2022
In the richest league in world. We added cheap squad fillers,in Maupay and McNeil because that’s all we could afford. Unless we bring in 2 quality forwards we’re in massive danger of going down.

We all watch the training videos and see
Our forwards smashing them into the top corners from 20yards, if they then can’t find the corner from 5yrds on match day,
Is that Franks fault.

Blame is all on Frank. He picks the players and the same system that keeps failing.

True
It became very clear, there were only two in the running, think there was only talk of Nuno for a bit, for some reason , they turned against the other candidate .
People tent to vote on the fella most likely to come in.
Yeah there's some truth in that. There were plenty of rose-tinted spectacles among the fans though, even before his appointment.
To be clear, I'm not blaming the fans: managerial appointments over the last few years have been a clown show, Carlo (and possibly Silva) apart, little to no effort seems to have gone into actually doing any analysis of who might actually improve the team's performances.

Fwiw
I don't want Lampard sacked , I want Thelwell to do his job & get in real attacking threat ( & no not like Maupay & McNeil....criminal waste of money )

We've the worst forward line in the league & has to be addressed immediately.
Give the man some real life goalscoring options as Gray , Muapay , McNeil , Gordon & Iwobi are terrible.

Wether Lampard is replaced or not without addressing this massive problem I have no doubt we will be relegated.

And that will be same next month if we get rid of Frank.
We shouldn't be waiting for managers to make themselves available. We should be proactively approaching the right candidates, subject to their club's permission if they are currently under contract. Emery didn't make himself available; Villa went after him.

There were at least three better managers out of contract at the time, let alone those who could have been tempted from other clubs.

Blame is all on Frank. He picks the players and the same system that keeps failing.
Well what other options did he have on Boxing Day, apart from bringing on gray a 1.7mil signing amd 19yr kid from the academy a bit earlier. I’m not sure what he could have done much different. Coleman, vinagre, doucoure and Davies aren’t changing anything

Wolves seen as relegation fodder and in the mix with us. Brought on traore 20mil,
Guedes 30mil,
Nunes 40mil had another 30mil striker on the bench and have just spent 40mil on another forward.

We shouldn't be waiting for managers to make themselves available. We should be proactively approaching the right candidates, subject to their club's permission if they are currently under contract. Emery didn't make himself available; Villa went after him.

There were at least three better managers out of contract at the time, let alone those who could have been tempted from other clubs.
But this is on the board and we know if they sack Frank, dyche or Rooney are getting the job 100%. And this comes down to moshiri when he bought the club he should’ve appointed a new board with football and business acumen.

The problem is,
Fans against him and im on the fence now, will tell you another manager be it,
Dyche, moyes or Martinez will get us out of This situation, well all 3 have sent teams down before, I know dyche got sacked before it happened, but it was a strong possibility.

We started the season with a fit forward line of 3 players costing 1.7mil. 2 injured that cost around 1 mil. This is our attack in 2022
In the richest league in world. We added cheap squad fillers,in Maupay and McNeil because that’s all we could afford. Unless we bring in 2 quality forwards we’re in massive danger of going down.

We all watch the training videos and see
Our forwards smashing them into the top corners from 20yards, if they then can’t find the corner from 5yrds on match day,
Is that Franks fault.
Just for the record Dyche did take Burnley down after one season.
If he had not been dismissed it would have the second time he had steered Burnley to relegation.

Well what other options did he have on Boxing Day, apart from bringing on gray a 1.7mil signing amd 19yr kid from the academy a bit earlier. I’m not sure what he could have done much different. Coleman, vinagre, doucoure and Davies aren’t changing anything

Wolves seen as relegation fodder and in the mix with us. Brought on traore 20mil,
Guedes 30mil,
Nunes 40mil had another 30mil striker on the bench and have just spent 40mil on another forward.
I thought Wolves were treading a fine line with FFP too?

Guedes 30mil,

He's supposed to turn water into wine. As will the next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back