2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are second in most saves this season and clearances and third in most tackles

the reason we are so high on that list is because we are so crap defensively and concede many shots on our goal

we are also 18th in most shots this season

we are terrible at both ends of the pitch
Oh OK
We 've the 4th best in the league and you say our defence is crap.

Must try harder Spud.

The manager prioritizes defense over attacking to the point of not playing on the front foot in basically any matches. He's contributing to the problem.

Also why can the manager not see where the problem lies and take steps to fix it? Why is it acceptable for him to simply shrug his shoulders and say "the players aren't good enough so I'll do nothing?"
Don't think this togger game is for you mate.
Stick to chucka ball pls.

We've conceded less goals than 14 ( yes 14 ) other teams so far this season.
We've even conceded 2 less than Liverpool.

If folks can't see where the problem lies then this sport ain't for you.

Stop slagging the manager and voice your concern to the people that are badly letting him (& the team ) down by not getting him the tools to do the job.

Pretty embarrassing this tbh.
In fairness I’m someone that balances between giving him time and wanting on him gone on a game to game basis now which isn’t ideal. You’re exactly right though.

The problem here isn’t the manager but on the other side a more experienced and better manager would probably get a slight bit of a better tune out of some players, such as Maupay who’s not been used to his strengths at all for example.

The problem is clear as day though, the forwards can’t finish consistently at all. That’s legitimately the only problem we have that keeps us from being decent, not challenging for Europe or anything but comfortably mid table.

Despite what keeps getting repeated we do create chances and a lot of them are good ones and that’s while being awful at set pieces and never crossing it because there’s no target. Even though he’s fit I’ve no confidence in Calvert Lewin playing consistently for us but if he does we would honestly look like a totally different side, all we need for the way we play is a target to give it to and hold it, even if Simms can do that and not score he’ll be a massive asset.

Our keeper is good, our centre halves are really good, full backs are promising although I’m not sold on Mykolenko going forward at all, our midfield is the best it’s been in probably a decade honestly, it’s really just our forwards that massively let the team down.

If we could bring in a creative player, preferably a winger but a 10 also works, and a finisher then we’d absolutely turn this team around and Lampard could do decently well and stabilise us, I’m just not sure we can. I’d look to sell Mina, Doucoure, Keane, Davies and probably Holgate this window to raise any sort of funds if it meant we could gamble on squad depth and get 2/3 good attack minded players in.

If possible buy Coady permanently and 2 more PL loans, as well as another international one. Do that and Lampard will keep his job and even thrive, if he doesn’t get creative or attacking players in though I don’t think he makes it through January, on one hand he’ll be unlucky but it’s a results business and the manager is always the one that bites the bullet.

If we’re getting Elanga get him in this week, the sooner the reinforcements comes, the sooner we can hopefully get back on track and the sooner Lampard’s job is secure.

Answer the questions then. I want to learn.

Why does the manager not have to try to make the team better at attacking?
Maybe because the attackers he has at his disposal are'nt good enough.

Yanno like he saw the defence weren't good enough , he saw the midfield were like statues and changed that.

That's a fairly good base now , just give him the tools up front .
It's not rocket science yanno.

Maybe because the attackers he has at his disposal are'nt good enough.

Yanno like he saw the defence weren't good enough , he saw the midfield were like statues and changed that.

That's a fairly good base now , just give him the tools up front .
It's not rocket science yanno.
So as someone who doesn't understand football what it sounds like your saying is this thread is about the person who signs the players. Who coaches the ones we do have? Can that person do something now?

The period from 7 mins where he's talking about Koeman and holding a meeting, just sums us up for this whe moshiri period

We have had teams that just give up

Our keeper is good, our centre halves are really good, full backs are promising although I’m not sold on Mykolenko going forward at all, our midfield is the best it’s been in probably a decade honestly, it’s really just our forwards that massively let the team down.

If possible buy Coady permanently and 2 more PL loans, as well as another international one. Do that and Lampard will keep his job and even thrive, if he doesn’t get creative or attacking players in though I don’t think he makes it through January,
Spot on.

Sorry but in this part of the World you can't polish turds mate.

If they ain't cutting it they have to go.
But wasn't frank involved with kev in bringing attackers this most recent window? He seemed to have input and was content with a strategy that required dcl retaining fitness. That strategy was key in the acquisition of dwight McNeil. Yes his attacking options are wretched but he had a chance to get extensive funds for Gordon who has regressed even further under Frank.

I think you're going to find even with solid attacking reinforcements Frank is going struggle he lacks the tactical savviness and versatility to thrive in this league. But that's just my opinion and ultimately I hope whatever happens it ends with coherent and formidable team performances that help us ascend the table whether Frank is that man or someone else. So to recap our squad is lacklustre but I feel frank doesn't adapt and utilize tactical resourcefulness enough.

Last edited:
But wasn't frank involved with kev in bringing attackers this most recent window? He seemed to have input and was content with a strategy that required Dominic Calvert-Lewin retaining fitness. That strategy was key in the acquisition of dwight McNeil. Yes his attacking options are wretched but he had a chance to get extensive funds for Gordon who has regressed even further under Frank. I think you're going to find even with solid attacking reinforcements Frank is going struggle he lacks the tactical savviness and versatility to thrive in this league. But that's just my opinion and ultimately I hope whatever happens it ends with coherent and formidable team performances that help us ascend the table whether Frank is that man or someone else. So to recap our squad is lacklustre but I feel frank doesn't adapt and utilize tactical adaptability enough.
No one will ever know who or why McNeil & Maupay where brought in.

My guess is ( other than hush money for Burnley ) McNeill was brought in to replace Townsend & Maupay to replace Rondon.

We were very close to getting Kudus & possibly Mudryk .
Plus the interest in Brereton & Gykorres , so the problems have been identified.

If there is one very big mistake made it is putting too much faith in having DCL available.
But the problem persists and needs sorting very quickly.

Sorry but in this part of the World you can't polish turds mate.

If they ain't cutting it they have to go.
I mean, you can.

Eddie Howe, for example, has improved Newcastle's players. Pep improves every player he's worked with... Klopp is an incredible coach. But much less prominent managers have also improved players - it's a big part of the job.

Our midfielders, two of them signed in the summer (Garner hasn't been playing), has been badly underperforming recently too. Who's that on?

It can be true that Everton do need better attackers - they absolutely do - and that Lampard hasn't been doing enough to improve them. We know he can improve players because he's done it before, some even here at Everton. He got Iwobi playing with confidence, he handed Gordon trust (maybe too much) and knew how to get the best out of Richy too.

Everything needs to improve from an attacking perspective, from recruitment through to coaching/a plan to get us to goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back