2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again?

Do you have anything constructive to offer to a debate ?

Onana
Gana (SOON)
Tarkowski
Coady
Vinegar
Mykolenko
Patterson

Throw in 1-2 attacking players and thats a completely new side to the one of previous years who's let numerous managers down.

So if Lampard is as "suuupppeeerrrr" as you say he is - then surely better times are just ahead? and if not then whats the excuse?" The wind? Soft ground? ?‍♂️

You might have got your

M7SmwxHOqx-2.png

And

Mesh-Ball-Sack.jpeg

Mixed up.

Back to Frank, he'll have us in the top half by christmas and fighting for Europe places at the end of the season.

When he last won a trophy Lampard was still playing and scoring 20 a season. Let’s compare them during a time period that’s more relevant, which would be 2016 onwards.

Benitez - 0 trophies, 1 relegation
Lampard - 0 trophies, 0 relegations
There's so much editing and story photoshopping with you people. Let's move this around.. cut that part out.. tack this on.. do some airbrushing.. and now heres my argument.

Look. Forget Benitez. I'm just saying frank has a clean slate. Give him 2 years minimum time ANY manager should get. Lets hope he gives us something to be proud of this season.. if not wait another.

We don't have to drain cockney seed in a reactionary move to previous episodes. Lets see... in a positive way.

Onana
Gana (SOON)
Tarkowski
Coady
Vinegar
Mykolenko
Patterson

Throw in 1-2 attacking players and thats a completely new side to the one of previous years who's let numerous managers down.

So if Lampard is as "suuupppeeerrrr" as you say he is - then surely better times are just ahead? and if not then whats the excuse?" The wind? Soft ground? ?‍♂️
Are you replying to someone else mate ?

All managers should be backed until it’s not tenable any more. It’s not difficult. Martinez was a prime example, had almost universal approval in his first season but by the end of his third season the majority wanted him out. That’s a decent chunk of time to judge any manager considering the backing he’d received to reshape the squad that he wanted. It’s the crying about a manager after two or three and results that is not helpful. The managerial instability has killed this club recently (along with our horrendous injury record and terrible recruitment). Hopefully we can move away from all those things under Lampard and Thelwell as I hoped we were doing under Carlo and Brands before that rug got pulled.

All managers should be backed until it’s not tenable any more. It’s not difficult. Martinez was a prime example, had almost universal approval in his first season but by the end of his third season the majority wanted him out. That’s a decent chunk of time to judge any manager considering the backing he’d received to reshape the squad that he wanted. It’s the crying about a manager after two or three and results that is not helpful. The managerial instability has killed this club recently (along with our horrendous injury record and terrible recruitment). Hopefully we can move away from all those things under Lampard and Thelwell as I hoped we were doing under Carlo and Brands before that rug got pulled.
What about after 17 results with 2 wins and 10 losses. (5 draws include 2 draws with lower league teams).

Last edited:

Onana
Gana (SOON)
Tarkowski
Coady
Vinegar
Mykolenko
Patterson

They are...absolutely they are.

People still rimming Benitez in here? Unreal. He took us on our worst run in the PL since the 90s, how is he good and on what basis should he have been given more time?

Answer:
He isnt and he shouldve been fired in November. Wouldve saved the club and supporters so much stress.

You're going to get pelters on here for calling me witty.

In all serious and to be Frank (vintage Death wit) course he deserves a few seasons every manger does. But its his personality and the self hating scousers in love with the London accent that are makong some go overboard about him. And the fact he was a very good player recently.

But I think he can attract players that wouldn't come here otherwise for them very same superficial reasons. Thats a plus. Finished 6th at Derby failed at Chelsea. He hasn't proven himself yet for me. Got us over the line barley on good vibe fumes. So as you say let's see has a clean slate judge him after 2 seasons.
Hahahahah wtf?

Imagine not being able to enjoy the best-suited managerial appointment to your club since Moyes (after a dozen bad choices) - because you're still too emotionally attached to the outcome of what was by far, our worst ever managerial appointment. ?

Ouch.

The only explanation is you'd have to be the kind of person to hide indoors when there's sunny blue skies outside.

Imagine not being able to enjoy the best-suited managerial appointment to your club since Moyes (after a dozen bad choices) - because you're still too emotionally attached to the outcome of what was by far, our worst ever managerial appointment. ?

Ouch.

The only explanation is you'd have to be the kind of person to hide indoors when there's sunny blue skies outside.
I'm not sure the correlation of being ginger and supporting benitez. But it's a bold theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.