2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is angry/disgusted at tonight's performance, and rightly so.

But.....

Give Frank another window to bring in attacking threat, and we will be fine.

Don't forget this is a rebuild job, might take 2 or 3 seasons to start getting somewhere.

And how does that solve us conceeding 50 chances a game out of curiosity ?

We had Lukaku under Martinez and couldn't finish top half because there were inherent flaws in the system.

Same thing here really.

I'm still not overly concerned and I think he will see the season out, but by the summer he will have to have shown us something to indicate a plan going forward or I think they'll make the change.

I'm not surprised by our squad players being crap or our average or inexperienced first team players being inconsistent.....but I expected to see more spirit in our performances on a regular basis this season and it's not been there enough.

If he goes sooner, what I want to see is that with the new DOF there is a plan. He sorts whatever the changes are in the Jan window with the future under whatever manager in mind, and should we look like we are sinking that he has a manager ready to go.
I think unless players are signed we will sink.

So the question is whether he's backed. Obviously he should be we cant keep sacking managers, but these next 4 league games before the window opens will determine if those at the top give him that backing (if there is even any money to back him with) or knee jerk again. But we have no idea where the goals will come from until we add players and confidence seems to be on a downwards spiral again. We need to win on Saturday any way we can

The problem is that it was only at the start of the Leicester game that the gwladys street unfurled a massive banner of Lampard. Now two games later he should be on thin ice? We just can’t operate in this knee jerk manner.

My view is that the board just want PL football until the stadium is built. The ambition for Europe and trophies is over for now. You can see it in the signings, it was a squad built for staying in the league. Coady Tarkowski Gueye Garner McNeill Maupay. All premier league proven cheap players.

If we at any point look likely to go down they’ll pull the trigger, if we don’t though Lampard will carry on. It might not be what the fans want but sadly it’s the current ambition of the board, bottom half is good enough for them. They’ve buried themselves in a financial hole and now they just want PL stability whilst the losses move off the accounts.
This 100%

Everyone is angry/disgusted at tonight's performance, and rightly so.

But.....

Give Frank another window to bring in attacking threat, and we will be fine.

Don't forget this is a rebuild job, might take 2 or 3 seasons to start getting somewhere.
But how the hell do you know Lampard can rebuild a team?

The problem is that it was only at the start of the Leicester game that the gwladys street unfurled a massive banner of Lampard. Now two games later he should be on thin ice? We just can’t operate in this knee jerk manner.

My view is that the board just want PL football until the stadium is built. The ambition for Europe and trophies is over for now. You can see it in the signings, it was a squad built for staying in the league. Coady Tarkowski Gueye Garner McNeill Maupay. All premier league proven cheap players.

If we at any point look likely to go down they’ll pull the trigger, if we don’t though Lampard will carry on. It might not be what the fans want but sadly it’s the current ambition of the board, bottom half is good enough for them. They’ve buried themselves in a financial hole and now they just want PL stability whilst the losses move off the accounts.
Weird behaviour that we have a banner of him tbf.

And how does that solve us conceeding 50 chances a game out of curiosity ?

We had Lukaku under Martinez and couldn't finish top half because there were inherent flaws in the system.

Same thing here really.

Offense can be defense in that you likely have more of the ball and there are people up top to make the ball stick and not have it come straight back.

Glad he is digging some of the usual turds out who thinks they should be playing.

I just wish we signed players earlier in the window and added a striker then we wouldn't be here but based just on him as a manager, he is poor tactically and he adds to his own pressure by not seeing the obvious and changing the game.

I want Lampard to succeed SD but my support isn't exclusive to accepting that shitshow tonight and it shouldn't be acceptable to any Evertonian.

Does he deserve to be sacked tonight? No.
Does he deserve to be criticised? 100%

If that kind of performance continues he'll lose his job in exactly the same way any manager does because defeats and unacceptable performances aren't going to keep a manager in their job.

I hope we win on Saturday, I like Lampard and even though he still has a lot to learn, I just don't think sacking him and bringing in yet another new man, who will want his own players and coaches and will either be a young untried manager, much like Lampard, or, a jaded journeyman like Benitez who is living on his past reputation is a great idea. Either way, it will be a very costly upheaval for what promises little improvement. The fact is, the level of manager we all want wouldn't come within an asses roar of our sorry circus of a club.

All that said, another defeat on Saturday, added to the 6 weeks or so break before our next competitive outing, may well prove just too tempting for the Iranian lunatic and his itchy trigger finger. I truly fear for Frank now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back