2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we only actually 'rested' four players tonight who would be deserving of a place in the first team and were actually fit tonight.

Coady, Tark, Pickford and Mykolenko (who isn't exactly our Lord and saviour)
Iwobi as well

And those 4 are about our only players with a bit of bottle.

That side we selected had ZERO chance of winning. And im not just saying that with hindsight. I said it at 7 o clock.

And how does that solve us conceeding 50 chances a game out of curiosity ?

We had Lukaku under Martinez and couldn't finish top half because there were inherent flaws in the system.

Same thing here really.
It wont.

Defence has been better than last season.

Attacking options need to be better, maths and all that.

And therein lies the issue.

Bournemouth made 9 changes, I believe, took out their 'best players' too. And beat us 4-1.
Erm exactly....let's spank them 5-0 with our best team....build a bit of confidence and do the same next week....I've declared I support Lampard but that team selection was pathetic!

Every Everton manager I've known since Kendall rests players for this Cup....for the record I like Lampard but why the ffff are we resting players with one league game left before the world cup?
I just can't get my head around it....it's realistically the only cup we can win!!!!!
Edited(Joe Royle)

Because its a dead rubber game.

There is no way this squad wins the cup.

He's given players a chance to push for a starting spot and increase competition.

Last nights result is on the players.

Its a positive to have this happen now.

Shows that Thelwell needs to put wheels in motion for sales.

Iwobi as well

And those 4 are about our only players with a bit of bottle.

That side we selected had ZERO chance of winning. And im not just saying that with hindsight. I said it at 7 o clock.
Oh yes sorry.

I also agree Tim. But I did expect a fair few changes. It just shows how important those players are defensively and that Iwobi is our only creative spark.

That being said, we created more chances in the first half today than we did v Leicester, with our 'first team' playing.

Basically, today I'd have brought in Vinagre, Mina and Patterson, because Patterson is our first-choice RB, and probably left Tarkowski in. We couldn't play Onana and Gueye, and everyone's wanted Garner to get a game, but I would have started Iwobi with Gordon and Maupay, probably played Davies in midfield (nobody else) or if he'd have wanted to try a three, played Holgate like he did.

We don't want to face up to it because it's easier to say it's on the formation etc but three of their goals come from our players giving them the ball - Patterson did it twice and Holgate once. We also looked worse defensively when we went to a 433. It was a mess.

Honestly, we’re a club still trapped in an FFP crisis. We sold our best player to fund buying eight players, most of them bargain buys.

Lets sack our second manager in fifteen months and see who we can get. Great plan, yeah right….

It is an issue though mate, because all it takes is players to hit a wordly (and good players on good teams do that, because they're good) or your CBs/GK to have a slight wobble, and it's game over.

There needs to be an improvement all-round.

The attacking issue - that can only be fixed by players who aren't at the club. That's not on Lampard, it's on Thelwell and the idiots at the top. They need to sort it.

But the rest, well that's on Lampard to sort.

Which is a time thing surely? Expecting things to "go wrong" is the same as expecting things to go right given time.

Our defence is still keeping us in a game regardless of conceding 70 shots per game. It's up to the attack to take it.

If it was like last season where we'd be out of games by half time...then it's a worry. It's not for me at the moment as that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back