2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine blaming that performance on the manager and not the dross on the pitch. All of whom were premier league regulars at one point or another
They are equally both to blame. For example, Keane was absolutely dreadful. A complete waste of space that shouldn’t be near a football pitch, let alone be in the starting XI but did he pick himself?!

Lampard had an absolute shocker and I've lost all faith

The stuff about needing to keep players happy is just utter rubbish and makes him look weak. We don't need to watch these abysmal squad players put in even more spineless performances.

If we had played our best available 11, we had a decent chance of winning. Why did it not happen? I have no words for how frustrated I am at that selection
If you heard that presser and believe that Frank was "keeping players happy" and not "letting them hang themselves" tells me you've never played sports before

He wanted them to prove him wrong about not playing. Telling them to put up or shut up

And Holgate literally fell down

Yes at worst sit one out

Mina doesn't have a future at Everton so I'd rather not let him have his training sessions for his next club for our 1st team.
They desperately want rid of Keane and are happy to get money for Holgate if poss in Jan.

Mina's staying for now bar an offer coming in which, I'm led to believe, the club don't expect.

He won't get a new deal , but he was very good for us when he played last season. Had he been fit for more matches we'd probably have been safer much earlier. Not to say he was good tonight, he was poor.

Some people are going to be so confused when we sign a new attacking player and just become a marginally more threatening version of the very poor team we are at the moment.
Aye, this seems to be a team game, we ain't got Much of a team or much game. A new forward ain't fixing dreadful.... God awful passing. If I was Frank, I would concentrate on nothing but ball control... Teach them to pass first and foremost....to be considered a professional you would think at the very very least passing would be a given..... right ??
Ugh, Everton are really killing any love I had for this once trailblazing club.

I want Lampard to succeed SD but my support isn't exclusive to accepting that shitshow tonight and it shouldn't be acceptable to any Evertonian.

Does he deserve to be sacked tonight? No.
Does he deserve to be criticised? 100%

If that kind of performance continues he'll lose his job in exactly the same way any manager does because defeats and unacceptable performances aren't going to keep a manager in their job.

Oh absolutely, I can’t abide managers throwing cup games, it’s just not on under any circumstance for me, play the first 11, win the game, and then look at the next one.

The manager can be criticised without wanting him fired. In my view it needs to be fair criticism though. Some of the stuff after the Spurs and Newcastle games were absolutely ridiculous, tonight however he’s made himself fair game.

In the wider view he’s improved the defence a lot in my view (don’t care what stats people are dragging up about xg shots conceded - Patterson Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko are miles better than Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny, anyone can see that)
and he’s not really been given the resources to replenish the front line properly.

In the last few windows alone Richarlison James Siggurdson Bernard Walcott Kean Tosun have all left the club. They didn’t all pull up trees for Everton but that’s a lot of attacking players, two of them very good for us.

In their place we’ve brought in Gray, Townsend, Rondon, Maupay, McNeil and Gordon from the academy.

It’s just nowhere near good enough. Now we can say that Thelwell and Lampard maybe didn’t spend the McNeill money wisely but 20 mill gets you nothing in todays market.

That collection of attacking players is not good enough. When you go past the first choice defence the players aren’t good enough. When you go past the first choice midfield the players aren’t good enough.

Frank has his pros and cons and we can debate them all day but ultimately we are not set up to compete in this league. We’ve assembled a bottom half squad quality wise and are now operating under a bottom half budget. These are the results, bottom half football.

If the board are serious about ambition thsn there’ll be a clutch of attacking players for Lampard in January. I very much doubt it though.

So you stop conceding shots and improve the 4th best defence in the league at the moment....

But how do we improve the attack ranked 18th?

Untill we start leaking like a siv, the amount of shots don't concern me because we've brought in very good defenders and it's not an issue. It means we're always in the game. We need to relieve the pressure from the defence before it becomes not about "luck"

The reason why I bring Spurs up in that open play stat is that while they're still conceding more shots...they scoring at the other end and winning games.
Very good defenders don't allow the most shots in the league

Why would a manager select a player in the hope they flop?
Because it was a meaningless game

He was protecting our starting XI, ensuring they were ready for a game that matters (Saturday)

If the player responded well and played well, then Frank now has more guys to play in games that matter

There are literally dozens of other reasons he'd choose to go about it this way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back