2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, if you're doing badly at something and it isn't costing you the prudent thing to do is do better before it costs you, not to wait until it actually does.

So you stop conceding shots and improve the 4th best defence in the league at the moment....

But how do we improve the attack ranked 18th?

Untill we start leaking like a siv, the amount of shots don't concern me because we've brought in very good defenders and it's not an issue. It means we're always in the game. We need to relieve the pressure from the defence before it becomes not about "luck"

The reason why I bring Spurs up in that open play stat is that while they're still conceding more shots...they scoring at the other end and winning games.

It's all very grim in here atm and fairly so.

Frank isn't great. The squad is largely poor. Thelwell dropped the ball. Blue Bill still negotiates most of our deals...

A win on Saturday seems far away, I know, but if it comes - big IF - then we could end the day in 11th, depending on other results.

Lose, and we could of course end the day in 18th, but that would mean Southampton winning at Anfield.

Marcelo Gallardo - Unemployed
Joachim Low - Unemployed
Mauricio Pochettino - Unemployed
Thomas Tuchel - Unemployed
Marcelo Bielsa - Unemployed
Andre Villas-Boas - Unemployed
Marcelino - Unemployed
Paulo Sousa - Unemployed

Roberto Mancini - Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini - Atalanta
Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen
Niko Kovac - Wolfsburg
Thomas Frank - Brentford
David Moyes - West Ham

Feel free to add more.......

Gallardo is the consistently successful one but too high risk with this squad.

What kind of idiot would want to change manager though?

It would be one of the most stupid things i'll have seen the club do.

The problem is that it was only at the start of the Leicester game that the gwladys street unfurled a massive banner of Lampard. Now two games later he should be on thin ice? We just can’t operate in this knee jerk manner.

My view is that the board just want PL football until the stadium is built. The ambition for Europe and trophies is over for now. You can see it in the signings, it was a squad built for staying in the league. Coady Tarkowski Gueye Garner McNeill Maupay. All premier league proven cheap players.

If we at any point look likely to go down they’ll pull the trigger, if we don’t though Lampard will carry on. It might not be what the fans want but sadly it’s the current ambition of the board, bottom half is good enough for them. They’ve buried themselves in a financial hole and now they just want PL stability whilst the losses move off the accounts.

From almost getting relegated 12th-14th would be good this season...then another improvement over the following 2 seasons.

Thats when we should be pushing for top 6.

Have to keep Lampard in place and let him and Thelwell build.

Every Everton manager I've known since Kendall rests players for this Cup....for the record I like Lampard but why the ffff are we resting players with one league game left before the world cup?
I just can't get my head around it....it's realistically the only cup we can win!!!!!
Edited(Joe Royle)

So you stop conceding shots and improve the 4th best defence in the league at the moment....

But how do we improve the attack ranked 18th?

Untill we start leaking like a siv, the amount of shots don't concern me because we've brought in very good defenders and it's not an issue. It means we're always in the game. We need to relieve the pressure from the defence before it becomes not about "luck"

The reason why I bring Spurs up in that open play stat is that while they're still conceding more shots...they scoring at the other end and winning games.
It is an issue though mate, because all it takes is players to hit a wordly (and good players on good teams do that, because they're good) or your CBs/GK to have a slight wobble, and it's game over.

There needs to be an improvement all-round.

The attacking issue - that can only be fixed by players who aren't at the club. That's not on Lampard, it's on Thelwell and the idiots at the top. They need to sort it.

But the rest, well that's on Lampard to sort.

Every Everton manager I've known since Kendall rests players for this Cup....for the record I like Lampard but why the ffff are we resting players with one league game left before the world cup?
I just can't get my head around it....it's realistically the only cup we can win!!!!!
Well we only actually 'rested' four players tonight who would be deserving of a place in the first team and were actually fit tonight.

Coady, Tark, Pickford and Mykolenko (who isn't exactly our Lord and saviour)

It's all very grim in here atm and fairly so.

Frank isn't great. The squad is largely poor. Thelwell dropped the ball. Blue Bill still negotiates most of our deals...

A win on Saturday seems far away, I know, but if it comes - big IF - then we could end the day in 11th, depending on other results.

Lose, and we could of course end the day in 18th, but that would mean Southampton winning at Anfield.
What? How did Thelwell or anyone else confirm that and who leaked this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back