2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he hasn't had 30+ games with the same side. Your Spanish Master had 22 games with a team that finished 10th and added 7 players. Lampard won more games with that side in 21 games.

How about we give Lampard 22 games with this new side and see what happens?
The problem is lots of the players he brought in are a bit crap though. Its time we as fans started to be honest about it

Coady & Tarkowski clear upgrades but are worryingly short of pace

Gueye - still abysmal on the ball and a total liability.

Onana - one for the future but not offering anything at the minute. Was a 30m punt on a player for the future the right way ro reinvest the Richarlison money? I'd say absolutely not.

Garner - pointless signing. Doesnt even play then gets hurt after 1 game.

Mcneil - one of the worst pieces of business we've ever done. Offers nothing in any aspect of football.

Maupay - hopeless

Maybe the recruitment was just rubbish and we're crap because we are crap and we added even more crap to a crap squad?

Thankfully our new stadium will mean we can increase the money we generate.
Hmm.... either this is sarcasm or you have an overly optimistic hope for our shiny new building.

A new stadium will of course provide opportunities for more revenue, but we're not exactly talking 90000 seats. Maybe it'll host other events which will help, but I just don't see all kinds of businesses/brands falling over themselves to shove money into the pockets of a piddle poor Prem team (assuming we still are by then) just because of a new building - and I certainly dont trust any exec at this club to negotiate said lucrative deals, even if they were on offer.

After all, has Arsenal's / Spurs / West Ham's stadiums really taken them to the levels and new heights they all hoped for pre-move? Not for me, Clive.

Because he hasn't had 30+ games with the same side. Your Spanish Master had 22 games with a team that finished 10th and added 7 players. Lampard won more games with that side in 21 games.

How about we give Lampard 22 games with this new side and see what happens?
Spanish master... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

He has had 17 already...

Last season Rafael 5 wins in 19 games (19 points) v Lampard 6 wins in 19 games (20 points).

Its like comparing ? but after all is said and done they are both ?.

Got 1 point more last season but behind Rafael run rate this season by some 4 points, to get back on track Lampard needs 5 points form Wolves and City... If we are below the run rate all season we will be going down, dont forget we stayed up by 3 points last seasona nd we are 4 points behind target.

That will not instant until we know the sort of revenue we are going to generate, I think a 12 month lag before we see any benefit not on day/month/quarter it is opened.
Have to factor in all the relevant clauses of additional sponsorship/revenue reduction for any pre or post relegation scenario for the duration of those contracts, which will affect those numbers too. I don't think there will be quite the queue of big revenue streams waiting for us that some people think a shiny new stadium magically brings.

And then there's the internation business heavyweights in our boardroom who have to negotiate those deals, hence why we'll probably end up playing in the Aldi Arena for the next 20 years at £4.50 a week naming rights. ?

The problem is lots of the players he brought in are a bit crap though. Its time we as fans started to be honest about it

Coady & Tarkowski clear upgrades but are worryingly short of pace

Gueye - still abysmal on the ball and a total liability.

Onana - one for the future but not offering anything at the minute. Was a 30m punt on a player for the future the right way ro reinvest the Richarlison money? I'd say absolutely not.

Garner - pointless signing. Doesnt even play then gets hurt after 1 game.

Mcneil - one of the worst pieces of business we've ever done. Offers nothing in any aspect of football.

Maupay - hopeless

Maybe the recruitment was just rubbish and we're crap because we are crap and we added even more crap to a crap squad?

It's a whole new team that he'll have to figure out to get a consistent tune out of.

Garner should be playing and McNeil IMO was brought in to hit Dom with crosses. Both are still under 23 years old, same with Onana, so it's buying at the right end with lots of room to improve. It's a time thing.

Maupay is a weird buy because he's not been played to his strengths.

Regardless of their form etc they're still an upgrade from a midfield of Davies, Gomes, Allan, Doucoure that we've had for almost 3 seasons.

I just disagree. Since Lampard took over we have like two complete performances and they were 8 months apart.

'I just disagree'?

Brentford played well yesterday, but had been crap for a lot of games before that. Everton have been largely crap this season, but we've had good performanes too. The derby was a good performance, S'ton was a decent performance on the road, grinding something out. We played well v Palace but they played into our hands. We didn't do bad at all v Leeds and could easily have won that game (might have lost it too of course).

We aren't good and it's not good enough but teams around us aren't good either.

It was simply good fortune that you didn't get relegated last season, little to do with managerial 'moves'.

And the galvanisation of the fans and players appears to have been undone.

With all the respect in the world, you have absolutely no clue about anything that went on at Everton last season. I can absolutely guarantee you with 100% certainty, that the fat pig would’ve relegated us like he did you.

It's a whole new team that he'll have to figure out to get a consistent tune out of.

Garner should be playing and McNeil IMO was brought in to hit Dom with crosses. Both are still under 23 years old, same with Onana, so it's buying at the right end with lots of room to improve. It's a time thing.

Regardless of their form etc they're still an upgrade from a midfield of Davies, Gomes, Allan, Doucoure that we've had for almost 3 seasons.
The Garner signing was weird for what we needed.

He absolutely is not a no.6

But he was injured yesterday

With all the respect in the world, you have absolutely no clue about anything that went on at Everton last season. I can absolutely guarantee you with 100% certainty, that the fat pig would’ve relegated us like he did you.
Appointing Benitez is the cause of many of the issues we now have. One of them being that leaving it far too late to sack him left us with a final trio of Pereira, Lampard and Big Dunc as managerial candidates at the end of the January window.

Spanish master... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

He has had 17 already...

Last season Rafael 5 wins in 19 games (19 points) v Lampard 6 wins in 19 games (20 points).

Its like comparing ? but after all is said and done they are both ?.

Got 1 point more last season but behind Rafael run rate this season by some 4 points, to get back on track Lampard needs 5 points form Wolves and City... If we are below the run rate all season we will be going down, dont forget we stayed up by 3 points last seasona nd we are 4 points behind target.
Yeah but you forgot one crucial difference. …. He is not Rafael

This is all well and good but I’ve yet to see him put a cross anywhere near an Everton player, Dom or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.