2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is worrying... in the league. We all know that we need attackers in January. Just don't know what people were expecting, were you expecting us to be any better in non-competitive game were player's main concern is probably just don't get injured?
Everyone is clinging to this "get attackers in" narrative thinking that will elevate us 4 or 5 places in the league, in reality that won`t happen if the same patterns of play and framework is still exactly the same....

The people saying "When we get attackers in" are the same Lampard apologists who were saying "When DCL is fit"... both is not the answer when you have a poor manager.....

Everyone is clinging to this "get attackers in" narrative thinking that will elevate us 4 or 5 places in the league, in reality that won`t happen if the same patterns of play and framework is still exactly the same....

The people saying "When we get attackers in" are the same Lampard apologists who were saying "When Dominic Calvert-Lewin is fit"... both is not the answer when you have a poor manager.....
Even if that's the case he is the worst type of manager for us right now, a chequebook manager. We can't afford one.

Even if that's the case he is the worst type of manager for us right now, a chequebook manager. We can't afford one.

My concern is that he isn’t even a very good chequebook manager.

Big Sam was lamented for bringing in Tosun and Walcott, but they made a huge difference in keeping us up and finishing 8th. Lampard has spent about the same on Maupay and McNeil, who are both championship standard dross, and yet he’s afforded a list of excuses.

My concern with Lampard is that even if he is given money, he’ll end up spending it on dross that will have our great club relegated!

People doubling down on getting him sacked because a performance in friendly match half way round the world, with our best players out, against decent Celtic team, that we actually won on penalties.
Either we sacked him last week after the Bournemouth losses or we are sticking with him til the new year.
He’s going nowhere

Are you saying that Maupay chance wasn’t a clear cut chance just because he didn’t hit it on target?
Maupay is ?.

When this was pointed out BEFORE he was signed I was quite harshly criticised for not giving him a chance by a lot on here, well I was right and all the pricks that had the pile on were wrong....

Those backing Maupay at the time were fervently looking at his return v Richarlison have got exactly what you wanted ?.... no one will admit to it now!

I will also be 100% on the money regarding the manager.

Yes a good chance but a half decent Vanarama National League striker would put that away, so if it is anyone other than Maupay it is probably a goal.

People doubling down on getting him sacked because a performance in friendly match half way round the world, with our best players out, against decent Celtic team, that we actually won on penalties.
Either we sacked him last week after the Bournemouth losses or we are sticking with him til the new year.
He’s going nowhere

Nobody’s arsed about the friendly, they’re arsed because they agree with your prediction that he won’t be going anywhere… until it’s too late! That’s what I’m arsed about anyway!

Maupay should have scored this morning.Celtic were the better side and thanks to Begovic they failed to score. Price did well but needs to cut out reckless challenges. Gordon did go on a few runs and showed his pace for a change.Would like to see us play Maupsy and Cannon start on Wednesday,playing one forward is not working.

My concern is that he isn’t even a very good chequebook manager.

Big Sam was lamented for bringing in Tosun and Walcott, but they made a huge difference in keeping us up and finishing 8th. Lampard has spent about the same on Maupay and McNeil, who are both championship standard dross, and yet he’s afforded a list of excuses.

My concern with Lampard is that even if he is given money, he’ll end up spending it on dross that will have our great club relegated!
I keep saying it but Brighton are flying with Danny Welbeck, Solley March and Adam Lallana playing up top. There's more in this team than they are showing and putting it down to personnel is something I wouldn't accept from Franny Lamps if I was Moshiri/Thelwell.

Maupay is ?.

When this was pointed out BEFORE he was signed I was quite harshly criticised for not giving him a chance by a lot on here, well I was right and all the pricks that had the pile on were wrong....

Those backing Maupay at the time were fervently looking at his return v Richarlison have got exactly what you wanted ?.... no one will admit to it now!

I will also be 100% on the money regarding the manager.

Yes a good chance but a half decent Vanarama National League striker would put that away, so if it is anyone other than Maupay it is probably a goal.

You didnt watch the game.

Youre slating the team for having no shots on target (despite having the better chances)

But youre praising the opposition for having shots at goal.

When this is pointed out you then blame Maupay.

Is that about the gist of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.