2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
After an hour of careful consideration I’m genuinely tapping out and not watching that team play again for the rest of the season. I’ll pop on here to keep up to date with what’s going on, that’s my only interaction with the football club that’ll be taking place. I can’t do it anymore, they just suck the life out of me and make me miserable, I don’t need that in my life anymore. What have they ever given me back in my life? Nothing.
I was in that position last season prior to the Benitez sacking. But I’ve felt not arsed for about 4 seasons now.

Even when we beat palace to stay up, I really didn’t give a toss and the celebrations and pitch invasion which followed was absolutely cringeworthy. Proof if further needed as to how low this club has sunk.

Said last season we should have gone down and rebuilt which I was slated for and understandably so. But I still feel it would have been better than another season of humiliation and embarrassment in the PL.

I’d rather we focus on signing players who can score goals rather than search for another manager.

We’re in this predicament because we don’t have players who can consistently be relied upon to score goals. If we had that, I’d have zero doubt that Lampard would have us safely in mid table.
'If we won games and scored goals we would be fine'

After an hour of careful consideration I’m genuinely tapping out and not watching that team play again for the rest of the season. I’ll pop on here to keep up to date with what’s going on, that’s my only interaction with the football club that’ll be taking place. I can’t do it anymore, they just suck the life out of me and make me miserable, I don’t need that in my life anymore. What have they ever given me back in my life? Nothing.
I envy you.

These players have mostly only played under Frank

These players have been thrown under a bus by Lampard.

Coady - good player
Tarks - good player
Patterson - good player
Onana - rough diamond but not played in the right set up

McNeil I'll give you has been poor

Maupay - not a great player but still scored just 2 goals less than Richarlison last season and been thrown into a side in a set up not suited to him whatsoever.

This is the same manager who played one of the best defensive midfielders in the werld in Ngolo Kante further forward.

He's tactically clueless.

The full horror of Lampard's time at Everton. I'm not calling for him to be sacked but this record would have had most managers sacked by now. I'm at the point where it simply doesn't matter who the manager is. The new guy will still have Maupay and McNeil. Only signing quality forwards in January saves us

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-26 192959.webp
    Screenshot 2022-12-26 192959.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 66
What exactly is his philosophy? We don't play nice football, we don't control possession, we don't press well, don't defend well, don't create anything. I don't get what his philosophy actually is other than "getting us"

As far as I can see possession based, create triangles and play through the lines with passing and movement. When we don’t have the ball press. To sum up very basically.

Difficulty is we don’t have a midfield who can take a pass under pressure, they are poor passers of the ball, we rely of a 21
year old academy lad, Championship players on the other side, we’ve no centre forward, full backs lack killer balls offensively and we can’t press.

It’s an awful team that can’t carry out what the manager wants. He’s been at Derby where they had better championship players in that league and Chelsea, we’re quality forgives a lot of sins, he’s out of his managerial depth in this situation, it’s alien to him amd
He keeps trying the same thing again and we get mullard.

What exactly is his philosophy? We don't play nice football, we don't control possession, we don't press well, don't defend well, don't create anything. I don't get what his philosophy actually is other than "getting us"

He's philosophy ideally is to press from the front, high intensity.

Issue is the front 3 can't do that job as well as create. Fullbacks don't support the press and offer anything going forward. Midfield don't "spring" attacks to those forwards.

It's worked in certain games but we don't have the quality to do it consistently. We also have the worst attack in the league to relieve any tension.

He knows this. He keeps saying it. So he either changes it or sticks to his guns and struggle. His in game management is pretty poor also

Eleven months ago he was made our manager, one of the first people through the door was Dele Alli, (not saying FL was responsible), although I'm a resolute atheist, I thought God was being very cruel with that double whammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back