2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, on the subject of Tim Cahill, I think we are missing a trick by not having him in a senior executive's position at the club. He's 42 - and is, essentially, a recognisable face in world football. Other clubs appoint their famous players to these senior positions with success. Why not us? I am not talking about Bill plants like Graeme Sharp who is basically there to remind Bill of better days, but ambitious people like Cahill with ideas. Is he not interested in such a position or have we decided to go for mediocrity like Thelwell rather than somebody like Cahill who could surely learn on the job and fast?

Agree mate - personally think Wolves will improve now their new manager has arrived same as Villa.

I reckon its between us, Saints, Bournemouth and Notts Forest.
Honestly, I think we're gone this season.

In the past - even last season - there was a survival instinct in the club hierarchy that kicked in. A managerial change was inevitable when we fell into utter disrepute. But this term? I think Moshiri is so disengaged that he has finally decided to stick with a young manager no matter what because he is tired of being a laughing stock and having the likes of Allardyce smirking at his decision-making on Sky. Problem is, he has backed the wrong horse to stand by. Doomed.

Actually, on the subject of Tim Cahill, I think we are missing a trick by not having him in a senior executive's position at the club. He's 42 - and is, essentially, a recognisable face in world football. Other clubs appoint their famous players to these senior positions with success. Why not us? I am not talking about Bill plants like Graeme Sharp who is basically there to remind Bill of better days, but ambitious people like Cahill with ideas. Is he not interested in such a position or have we decided to go for mediocrity like Thelwell rather than somebody like Cahill who could surely learn on the job and fast?
Try enticing somebody that's earning millions selling watches in Dubai to come back to plucky old Everton

Not sacking him before the World Cup will see us relegated - we sat on our hands and prayed that we might scrape wins against the likes of Wolves and Brighton at home
We should have won comfortably but for our ‘attack’

How many times did we win the ball in their half because of how terrible they are but barely muster a shot on target?

12 goals in 16 matches.

We should have won comfortably but for our ‘attack’

How many times did we win the ball in their half because of how terrible they are but barely muster a shot on target?

12 goals in 16 matches.
It was a scrappy game and we were poor but Wolves gifted us three chances in the first half . It’s pretty much inexcusable not to covert one , I don’t think we even came close . That’s not giving lampard a free pass but I feel like it’s accurate.

Honestly, I think we're gone this season.

In the past - even last season - there was a survival instinct in the club hierarchy that kicked in. A managerial change was inevitable when we fell into utter disrepute. But this term? I think Moshiri is so disengaged that he has finally decided to stick with a young manager no matter what because he is tired of being a laughing stock and having the likes of Allardyce smirking at his decision-making on Sky. Problem is, he has backed the wrong horse to stand by. Doomed.
If we don't recruit what we need in this coming transfer window, Lampard in or out is largely incidental. If we fail too, then I suspect we go down without much of a whimper. No Richarlison or a multitude of blue flares to save us this time.

It was a scrappy game and we were poor but Wolves gifted us three chances in the first half . It’s pretty much inexcusable not to covert one , I don’t think we even came close . That’s not giving lampard a free pass but I feel like it’s accurate.
We’ve only scored more than 1 goal twice in 18 League and Cup games this season now. We’ve conceded less goals than Spurs, United and Brighton and one more than Liverpool but with our goal scoring record, we have to be perfect every game at the back which isn’t viable. The defence has dropped off a bit lately but the attack is letting them down badly. If we can get a reliable goal scorer and a creative player in January, all isn’t lost yet.

He's handled himself and his image quite poorly currently, with the whole Qatar fiasco (fiascos even?). Not super sure how much of a man with a plan he is tbh, and I don't think we're in a position to be a place where people should learn how to do their job to begin with.

We’ve only scored more than 1 goal twice in 18 League and Cup games this season now. We’ve conceded less goals than Spurs, United and Brighton and one more than Liverpool but with our goal scoring record, we have to be perfect every game at the back which isn’t viable. The defence has dropped off a bit lately but the attack is letting them down badly. If we can get a reliable goal scorer and a creative player in January, all isn’t lost yet.
Chatting in the pub on Boxing day with fellow Blues and said the same thing. Its understandable we are not scoring with Richarlison gone and Lewin injured and Maupay looking like he could not score in a brothel. We need 2 strikers in immediately and someone like Brereton Diaz and Gyokeres would do for me as we have not got mega money to splash out.

He's handled himself and his image quite poorly currently, with the whole Qatar fiasco (fiascos even?). Not super sure how much of a man with a plan he is tbh, and I don't think we're in a position to be a place where people should learn how to do their job to begin with.
I haven't been following closely. What's he been up to?

As for his association with Qatar, well, I wouldn't hold that against him given the stampede of so-called respectable people lining up to take their gold. I mean, even the sainted Messi is in cahoots with the Saudis. As obnoxious as all of this is, I'm not sure we can afford higher off-the-field standards than the competition given we are happy to accept much lower on-the-field standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back