2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we win again Man United but lose against Southampton it's another step closer to the trapdoor.

We have to get our priorities right:
WE CANNOT GO DOWN!

Forgot the cup and get a new manager in. We need that bounce and a chance for 3 points off Southampton and get ready for another huge game v West Ham who could be naming a new manager.

Lampard has had his shot and it's failed let's get that straight, no excuses. He has to go.

Get a manager in, sort the backroom staff out, bring in players for the new manager not the last guy and we have to start to battle!

It was abundantly clear after 'The Bournemouth Week' that Lampard wasn't up to the job - We then had the huge advantage of having an enforced winter break giving us the opportunity to bed in a new manager.

That new manager would have then been blessed with Wolves, Brighton and Southampton at home at the start of their tenure

We've completely cocked this up - and it's potentially too late to do anything now
Absolutely. A new manager would have loved those home fixtures to start with, with the bounce we could have expected maybe 7 pts out of 9……..but here we are, 0 from 6. Anyone coming in now, this late, will have to create a miracle.

I'm hoping thats not the case. One reason for Lamps being brought in was he was a cheaper option on the pretense that if it went tits up, there wouldn't be as big of compensation compared the to the £11mill we gave the Waiter.h

As for FFP...I read the league have eased off us now so there's possible wiggle room. Especially if we offload Mina, Holgate, Keane and possibly Pickford in the summer
I believe that all the so called 'wriggle room' would be swallowed up by the expense of getting rid of Lampard and his team and then recruiting a new man,who,undoubtedly, would want his own people in. The only way we can dismiss Lampard and survive, is by ignoring profit and loss regs and taking our medicine from the PL.

I don't think the club can afford the pay offs, Lampard has a massive backroom staff and both he and they have 18 months of their contracts to run. If we sack Lampard, the compo would probably mean that any new manager could not even afford to borrow a decent player. We would be reduced to taking very cheap free agents who wanted neither a long contract nor a high wage.

It's either that or Moshiri decides to ignore the p&l regulations, pays Lampard and his staff off, bankrolls a couple of signings for the new man and accepts the consequences from the PL.
I think the point about the compo and the backroom staff's a valid one. Regarding the backroom mob, my brother pointed out to me on Tuesday that they'd keep on having little huddles, then doing precisely nothing! Maybe FL has too many people round him and listening to everyone just adds to the confusion. We certainly look clueless right now.

I don't think the club can afford the pay offs, Lampard has a massive backroom staff and both he and they have 18 months of their contracts to run. If we sack Lampard, the compo would probably mean that any new manager could not even afford to borrow a decent player. We would be reduced to taking very cheap free agents who wanted neither a long contract nor a high wage.

It's either that or Moshiri decides to ignore the p&l regulations, pays Lampard and his staff off, bankrolls a couple of signings for the new man and accepts the consequences from the PL.
I’d be very surprised if there isn’t a clause in his contract about if we are in relegation zone. I believe there was a clause to sack them in the summer which we obviously didn’t take as he managed our survival.

You’d think they’d have learnt by now.

I’m just absolutely flabbergasted that he’s still in a job. I mean I’m not really, because this club makes the wrong decision 100% of the time on anything.
I think he's getting the United game just as what's the point before it

Be very surprised if he isn't sacked after, scared in fact

Let's get it right here, the fact he hasn't yet been sacked tells me he's not going to be sacked, United is a write off I guess they're giving him the Southampton game as a must win to save it

Status
Not open for further replies.