2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re seriously telling me that you can’t see any improvement in the team from Christmas time last season??

If not then I’m afraid that i really can’t help you there..

I think we are a better defensive unit but arguably worse going forward. The next couple of weeks are huge I think. There's a tough set of fixtures to negotiate. Do well and people will start to look towards top 10 but if we come out badly I think the writing is on the wall for a hard slog this season.

Acting like a striker is the only reason we never beat Forest at Goodison, I am pretty sure Rondon is a striker isn't he?

We narrowly avoided relegation last season and this season we have 1 point from 9, who is going to come here that will carry us to wins? we need much more than a striker, get Claire sold and go again with more attackers.
No Rondon is not a top flight calibre striker

I'm not sure why you are asking this question

He has.

Iwobi in his best form under Lampard
Gordon in his best form under Lampard
Pickford in his top form under Lampard
Patterson and Mykolenko have developed to be PL level under him.

A manager can do so much but sometimes it is down to the player. Lampard is not training Gordon to mishit every shot he takes, he doesn’t train Gray to lash it over the bar, he doesn’t train McNeill to under or over hit every through ball.

Not pick them? He doesn’t have any other options at the moment. He dropped McNeill yesterday and his replacement is Rondon. Gordon and Gray have no competition. He doesn’t have any options at the moment up top that are good enough.

Iwobi, yes.

It was Benitez that developed Gordon from someone who wasn't getting a kick into a solid first team player.

Pickford has been in fine form for a couple of years now and a couple of missed England penalties away from winning England the Euros.

Patterson a top prospect when signed and didn't get a kick for 6 months but finally given the nod over Coleman. Mykolenko has settled well.

What a horrible set of fans we’ve become, not all I agree but the boo boys are terrible. Who’d want to play for us ffs, no wonder some players have no confidence, miss a pass or give the ball away and straight away they turn on you, we should be encouraging players not calling for their heads each time a mistake is made.
We do deserve everything we get

The same fans who singlehandedly kept them up last season with the support at Goodison.

We would not have won that yesterday with DCL upfront

From the last two games it's difficult to see how DCL up front or almost any striker would change things given how little we create. It'd just be someone different up top to chase lost causes.

We've been backed into a corner because we've gone through so many managers. The only way Lampard loses his job this season is if at some point it looks like we're getting cut adrift. That could easily happen though. We are that bad across the park.
I disagree. The defence is much better than it was last year. Midfield will be much better once onana is up to speed (and more so if gueye ever signs). Iwobi played really well yesterday (not for the first time).

The concern is the front 3. They look a complete shambles. Gray shows moments but ultimately disappoints. Gordon looks like he could make something happen whenever he gets the ball, but ultimately never does. As soon as rondon went off yesterday, we looked lost. McNeill looks well short of what we need. However, if Calvert lewin was fit, we would've won that game easily.

Just watched the highlights back

Only further strengthened my view that Gordan and Grey are too selfish. If they get to the edge of the box their only view is MUST SHOOT

When there's more often than not the final little slip ball through to put someone 5 yards closer with a better chance of shooting and scoring

They don't ever play it, I would hate to play with them if I was a striker
I agree with you, they both need to get their heads up more, but, in mitigation, when the only option alongside them is a centre forward who can't run fast enough to take advantage of any through ball they might play, it's understandable that they take the shot on. I thought Gray was ok yesterday as it goes, probably his best game since January, Gordon however, was average at best.

Surprised to see a few turning on Lampard already. Maybe people underestimate just how bad this squad was when he came in. We have a new DOF, a new manager and coaching staff. They are currently changing the playing staff, but due to the awful recruitment by the club, they’re struggling to sell, so it’s taking a lot longer to do anything.

People complained Everton was a job for the boys. We’ve seen Dunc and Unsworth both shipped out.
Recruitment was shortism with older mediocre players on big money. They’ve started to bring in younger players with potential.

Our coaching staff at first team level is arguably ‘on paper’ the most experienced and ‘talented’ we have ever had in the Premiership era.

Lampard is a young manager and will likely make mistakes, but him and his coaching staff have a player like Iwobi who i wouldn’t have picked for my kids team, in the best form of his career and really looking like a player.

We need to be patient. It’s easy to say he should stand up to the board etc. but for all we know he is, he’s not Benitez, who cluelessly burns every bridge until it’s too late. Lampard is more likely playing the game behind the scenes with Thelwell. We know FFP wont let Moshiri throw loads of money at it. So why do people think we can go and buy a striker for loads of money without selling first? The DCL injury killed us really on the eve of the season.

Given we don’t have much room to bring players in due to FFP, it would make sense from a business perspective to get the best deal they can for Gordon and use the money to bring in a forward who can offer more of an end product this season.

I get the feeling that Lampard is almost hamstrung by Gordon. His reputation exceeds his ability (perfect time to sell when that happens). We now know he can only play wide, because of his reputation he almost has to start, so Lampard has to play with wingers. You then have Gordon and Gray who don’t offer a lot creatively or in goals. We have decent wingbacks who can offer width, I wonder if Gordon goes, will they sign a mobile central forward, and then play three in midfield, as we possibly now have 3 midfield players who are good enough to play. We didn’t previously. We’d look a lot more solid as a team imo.

I just don’t think we can keep changing managers, Lampard has already shown he can learn from mistakes, I personally think he should be given time to sort the mess out

I disagree. The defence is much better than it was last year. Midfield will be much better once onana is up to speed (and more so if gueye ever signs). Iwobi played really well yesterday (not for the first time).

The concern is the front 3. They look a complete shambles. Gray shows moments but ultimately disappoints. Gordon looks like he could make something happen whenever he gets the ball, but ultimately never does. As soon as rondon went off yesterday, we looked lost. McNeill looks well short of what we need. However, if Calvert lewin was fit, we would've won that game easily.
When's the last time we kept a clean sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.