Friedkin's To Do list.

Sort out the academy. Invest in facilities, improve the scouting network, ringfenced budget for recruitment, clearer route into first team.

I don't think we can be too short-termist with the priority list. This would send a clear message of our long term ambitions

Sort out the academy. Invest in facilities, improve the scouting network, ringfenced budget for recruitment, clearer route into first team.

I don't think we can be too short-termist with the priority list. This would send a clear message of our long term ambitions
BMD is the main aim to get all the debts completed & get it finished quickly - that's the news I heard on the main news - the debts loans surrounding our new ground need sorting quickly everyone - the rest will follow .... the dodgy offshore loans etc etc BK made a mess of it all & Moshiri knew it - one loan was massive from a fictitious Cheshire housing firm which was offshore allegedly ....

The news stated his first priority is to get the BMD completed ASAP .....

Maybe pop concerts there before football ?

I think we'll struggle with concerts after the novelty of the first year or so.

There's not as many artists as you'd think looking to book beyond arena capacity - and those looking at stadium's look at capacity and have plenty of other regional options that are higher with touring who are comfortable at those venues.

Hope I'm wrong.

I think we'll struggle with concerts after the novelty of the first year or so.

There's not as many artists as you'd think looking to book beyond arena capacity - and those looking at stadium's look at capacity and have plenty of other regional options that are higher with touring who are comfortable at those venues.

Hope I'm wrong.
You mean the King's dock area, the one we should have had a ground at ? Anfield seems to book concerts?

You never know he's a businessman - the era of John Moores I remember - he swung the changes in very quickly & he only gave us an interest free loan - he had EFC running like his Littlewood pools empire in months .....we were near the bottom & suddenly we were at the top ....

@Joey66 head of Groundstaff;):lol:
At my age - nice salary though - I recently read about the King's Dock to gear it up for pop concerts - Gregg of Blue Holdings BK s partner at that time even had the turf on rollers to be taken off for a pop concert & a floor rolled out to replace the turf -

I doubt BMD has that facility ? Anfield has concerts & BMD is better positioned ....

It would appear that Friedkin's not frightened to make a change or two but may go a little overboard at times.

FG.webp

What don't you like about the clubs socials mate?

Suspect it's tricky when Everton's results are so, so bad.
Basically:
They don't write "Kopites r Gobshites" enough in their Instagram captions...

But on a serious note, I'm a part of/founded/still help and participate with the official Bulgarian fanclub and the contact is often shocking/lacking. This is obviously a personal anecdote more or less, but in general our presence is genuinely nonexistent anywhere outside of Liverpool, and to an extent the UK.

It's not about the results either, it's always been like this.

I've said it as a thing here before, and I got laughed at, but if we want to not be amateurs we have to appeal somehow and get more fans on board - the socials/media never adapted to the fact it's not the 90s anymore and we're not as relevant as we (as fans) would like to be. I'm not saying I'd like us to be Real Madrid levels of following, but if you're abroad - it's a genuine surprise if a footy fan recognises our kits at this point, in 2024, with the global scale of the PL, let alone seeing another person having one. You'd think that would've changed with us being in Europe nearly every year in the

Also as Nymzee:
Won't speak for @DualityNSNO but it's just always been small-time to me. Production levels are getting better but still average, type of content is lacking, don't even get me started on the academy coverage.

We can also include the apalling pressers and pre-season/youth streams they put out as well.
Nearly everything is either nonexistent or behind a paywall (like friendlies) for literally no reason. Like yeah sure I can find questionable streams elsewhere, sure, but... why are they rinsing fans? Those streams barely get a few thousand views worldwide and are filmed with an iphone on a tripod (it feels like), why would you ask your fans to pay for any of that? Even our local garbage teams don't do it and put them on for free FFS!

As a fun/related fact, a while back, in 2012, there was an Everton - Ludogorets friendly at Goodison in early August, and the only reason it was even mentioned (as it was basically behind closed doors due to scheduling I believe) is because Ludogorets made a big deal out of it and actually broadcast the game :lol: highlights, but potato quality obviously as it's from 12 years ago. Could've been a very easy way to market a game vs. a foreign team (and champion, playing in the CL at the time) and get at least some fans in, but no creative idea then as well as now.

Anyway, loads of waffle, Everton marketing is poop, the club can and should do better FFS

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back