Front page article - The Harsh Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
See your point on calling them out but these are allegedly Business with great Acumen and knowledge/experience at their disposal, many, many people foresaw this hike in interest rates just after Covid and called it out in relation to the economics globally and how it would affect countries and their people, the low interest rate phenomenon was never sustainable and was not helped pre and post covid by simply "printing money" or QE as they like to phrase it to appear of superior intellect. It is essentially a bad practice as if uncontrolled, as we have seen, it just spirals, look at Americas debt level, so my point here is that all these "clever bods" will have ssen this coming and if that offer of 4% from Japan was genuine they should 100% have taken it and the restructure of our finances would have "future proofed" us to some degree so they get no credit from me or many if they actually didnt see it coming as it was blindingly obvious.

Someone has to pay for it and its always us, as trickle down economics rarely benefits those at the bottom. They Will have known what was coming economically.

This has come out like a rant, apologies this is stressful stuff as far as the Future of Everton is concerned and i do expect our current guardians to look after it and they haven't.

Totally understand where you're coming from and why it has come out like a rant - it is very stressful, and the management of the club certainly has been woeful - I just don't agree that this has really been the case on the stadium, I think they've been dramatically unlucky.

Whether many people foresaw the hike in interest rates just after covid is ultimately not relevant here - if this 4% fixed finance is true (and I do remember it being discussed around the time on Twitter, so it may well be) it was offered prior to covid emerging. There was no obvious indication that the hike in interest rates was coming in 2019 when the deal will have been offered - by the time Covid had occurred (at which point yes, some people did predict interest rates would go up, but it certainly wasn't a widespread thought) I imagine the deal was no longer on the table.

I totally agree with you that the low interest rate phenomenon was never sustainable - but there was no indication that 30+ years of policy objectives pretty much held all over the globe were going to come crashing down by 2023, the original expected completion date for the stadium, prior to covid. Moreover, there was no obvious indication that Usmanov and co were actually going to be sanctioned.

What's happened with the stadium is simply bad luck. What's happened with the *squad* on the other hand...

Totally understand where you're coming from and why it has come out like a rant - it is very stressful, and the management of the club certainly has been woeful - I just don't agree that this has really been the case on the stadium, I think they've been dramatically unlucky.

Whether many people foresaw the hike in interest rates just after covid is ultimately not relevant here - if this 4% fixed finance is true (and I do remember it being discussed around the time on Twitter, so it may well be) it was offered prior to covid emerging. There was no obvious indication that the hike in interest rates was coming in 2019 when the deal will have been offered - by the time Covid had occurred (at which point yes, some people did predict interest rates would go up, but it certainly wasn't a widespread thought) I imagine the deal was no longer on the table.

I totally agree with you that the low interest rate phenomenon was never sustainable - but there was no indication that 30+ years of policy objectives pretty much held all over the globe were going to come crashing down by 2023, the original expected completion date for the stadium, prior to covid. Moreover, there was no obvious indication that Usmanov and co were actually going to be sanctioned.

What's happened with the stadium is simply bad luck. What's happened with the *squad* on the other hand...
I was probably being a bit generous with saying loads saw it coming to be fair, I think those that did were probably called tin foil hatters etc etc at the time as maybe it wasnt as clear cut as i painted, my bad.

I think for me Everton aside for a moment is that cyclically we always have these economic issues and invariably they take us by surprise when they really shouldnt now.

Timing wise on Stadium cant disagree at all, some domino effect misfortune has beset us and this where we are.

On pitch and squad, yes scatter gun approach all round!

thanks for being understanding in your response. appreciated!

I’m utterly staggered that people still doubt the severity of the situation tbh. It’s just complete blind delusion in my eyes.
I think people are just worn out by the whole Everton thing
Financial mess
Recruitment mess
1st Team mess
Boardroom mess
I guess I could go on

Sad fact is that we have little or no hope in any of the above……

Results in people being worn out by it all

I think people are just worn out by the whole Everton thing
Financial mess
Recruitment mess
1st Team mess
Boardroom mess
I guess I could go on

Sad fact is that we have little or no hope in any of the above……

Results in people being worn out by it all
I know, it is supposed to be fun and is anything but at the minute. Literally only the stadium to look forward to and they're looking like amateurs on that now as well.

What a crap show we are.

Bankruptcy-Ahead-sign-577474b35f9b585875cbe782.webp

Who precisely is saying we're going into administration...

...some feller off the internet.

We are taking loans to pay off loans, it's a recipe for disaster.

I can see Branthwaite and possibly Pickford. sold off in January to keep us going from day to day.

By that stage we could also be rock bottom in the league.

Somewhere soon,I can see the PL and Government getting involved re-Hicks&Gillette. Surely the Government don't want to jeopardise the whole of the Northern Docks development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back