Fulham v Stoke. Sat 3rd Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match of the Day @ 10.20pm: 1.Man Utd/Arsenal, 2.Spurs/Wigan, 3.Fulham/Everton, 4.Swansea/Chelsea, 5.Sunderland/Villa, 6.Norwich/Stoke, 7.West Ham/Man City

Fulham manager Martin Jol:

"Everton dominated us, all we could do was try to be positive.

"But it doesn't mean anything in football if you don't score the goals.

"They are a very good footballing team. They are a settled team and know exactly what to do. Normally we are a good team, but I couldn't see that today.

"The only positive thing I can say is that we never gave up."

Everton manager David Moyes said:

"I'm really frustrated because if I really want to hang on to the boys at the top I need to win these games when they come along.

"I can't believe we only got a draw out of that, it's incredible.

"We've played really well this season but that one we should have won. We were terrific at times but couldn't get the goals."

still pissed off and downbeat - less so than last week though. i think our away performances this season have been second to none, there are no easy games in the premier league and you look at our performances against villa, swansea and today and you realise just how good we are. Starting to believe that top 4 is not a distant dream anymore, especially after watching arsenal's limp display today against a team we beat easily in the first game. Fellaini was absolutely superb, he's really winning me over in that acm position, top scorer and was so unlucky not to get a hat-trick and the 3 points. Definitely need a backup striker in jan, however jelavic will be back once he slots one - hopefully next week.

gutted about the result but plenty of positives - just hoping neville gets dropped after another stupid mistake on his part led to us having to battle so hard to take the lead. Here's hoping a bit of good fortune will come our way this season and if it does we will pull away from arsenal and spurs.

also like to say we are making a mockery of liverpool's transition to a different brand of football. it's taking them ages but if you look at the vast difference in our play from last december to august then that shows you what a real football club is about - no excuses, just BOSS ON

Good comment on the transition thing. We played well today. I love how we play. What a joy. The school of science is part belgian now.

But i still thought these would be the days when we would finally stop seeing MOYES RUES MISSED CHANCES all over the OS.

Uggh. So tired of having the better of the game and not getting the result. If we play like that all the time there's not many that will beat us. I can't believe we didn't get the three points there. Stunned actually.

still pissed off and downbeat - less so than last week though. i think our away performances this season have been second to none, there are no easy games in the premier league and you look at our performances against villa, swansea and today and you realise just how good we are. Starting to believe that top 4 is not a distant dream anymore, especially after watching arsenal's limp display today against a team we beat easily in the first game. Fellaini was absolutely superb, he's really winning me over in that acm position, top scorer and was so unlucky not to get a hat-trick and the 3 points. Definitely need a backup striker in jan, however jelavic will be back once he slots one - hopefully next week.

gutted about the result but plenty of positives - just hoping neville gets dropped after another stupid mistake on his part led to us having to battle so hard to take the lead. Here's hoping a bit of good fortune will come our way this season and if it does we will pull away from arsenal and spurs.

also like to say we are making a mockery of liverpool's transition to a different brand of football. it's taking them ages but if you look at the vast difference in our play from last december to august then that shows you what a real football club is about - no excuses, just BOSS ON

Can't give any more rep today there's been loads of great posts but cheers for making me feel less pissed off. Top post.

Everton manager David Moyes said:

"I'm really frustrated because if I really want to hang on to the boys at the top I need to win these games when they come along.

"I can't believe we only got a draw out of that, it's incredible.

"We've played really well this season but that one we should have won. We were terrific at times but couldn't get the goals."

Moyes FC.

I thought the same thing lad

The "If I really want to hang on to the boys at the top" bit pissed me off tbh
I can understand it. He feels he is pitting his wits against other managers teams with a team he has assembled. He could be doing worse things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back