Fulham v Stoke. Sat 3rd Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were superb just a little bit sloppy. We had so many opportunities but no one could finish. You would think Jela would've had a field day with the service flanks was giving him, especially the great crosses from Coleman. It's a shame that we tied but it was still a very entertaining game.

Pathetic tackle by Neville. Howard did well to get across to it. I'm not sure you could be too critical.

Coleman did run into traffic with the ball and then let Sidwell get in front of him. It seems to be that the Neville-Coleman axis are costing us a few goals at the moment.
I suppose I am being overcritical of coleman. He does go asleep at times but at least his attacking play makes up for it. As for Phil Neville, please please let Gibson be back soon

I suppose I am being overcritical of coleman. He does go asleep at times but at least his attacking play makes up for it. As for Phil Neville, please please let Gibson be back soon

I suppose every mistake that Seamus makes is being ruthlessly exploited by the opposition. Maybe they've intentionally targetted him as a weak link? Four Fulham players surrounded him when he got on the ball. He probably should have played it upfield rather than running into midfield with it.

Did I hear Alan Has-been correctly on MOTD earlier? "Fulham deserve all the accolades"

As opposed to the team which created 27 scoring opportunities and had 61% of the possession (AWAY from home!) - don't they deserve any accolades then you one-eyed gobsh*te?

Absolute feckin' tool :rant:

Did I hear Alan Has-been correctly on MOTD earlier? "Fulham deserve all the accolades"

As opposed to the team which created 27 scoring opportunities and had 61% of the possession (AWAY from home!) - don't they deserve any accolades then you one-eyed gobsh*te?

Absolute feckin' tool :rant:

He must be attending the Stevie G school of stupid comments

If moyes really felt the need to make the jelavic change , why not replace him with hitzlesperger to protect back 4 , rather then bring on a centre back who is going to disrupt a pretty efficient back 4. Other then the free kick goal they never looked like getting at us until then. In fact , **** it , why change at all?

Not sure how anyone can fault the substitution. The substitution didn't give up that second goal, Coleman did.

How many goals is this guy going to give up? A right back shouldn't be this vulnerable.

If moyes really felt the need to make the jelavic change , why not replace him with hitzlesperger to protect back 4 , rather then bring on a centre back who is going to disrupt a pretty efficient back 4. Other then the free kick goal they never looked like getting at us until then. In fact , **** it , why change at all?

This is it, I have no issue that at 2-1, you want to keep things tight, no problem with it, but dont shove another CB, its so predictable and destructive. Stick a midfeilder on and just keep possesion. You see the top teams defending for hteir life? No, they just keep the ball patiently.

Not sure how anyone can fault the substitution. The substitution didn't give up that second goal, Coleman did.

How many goals is this guy going to give up? A right back shouldn't be this vulnerable.

Coleman had a great game as for giving goals away, look no further than your Captain one today & one at QPR!
TBH he was on top form today as a flying wingback & was easily MOTM in the first half - the reason why the substitutions made him run into a blind alley was 1- no out ball to the right wing Mirallas subbed - the batch of players he had the misfortune to run into were Hangaland & co releasing forwards because DM made a bad tactical error by taking a forward in Jelly off so they had no one to mark above all that 3 defenders watched the ball go across the box JH-{ who had a mare} & Distan - so blame your Manager for poor tactical subs the old saying if it aint broke try not to fix it Fulham could not get out of their half till those subs were made!

I think we played a great game overall and its not fair to point the finger only at Coleman. He was one of our best players today and even thou he lost the ball at the end, their cross did pass in front of all 5 of our defenders and not one could clear it. Also we had plenty of chances to put them away.

On the positive side we are still in 4th place, we should get Gibson back in the next few weeks hopefuly and we are traditionaly a better team in the second half of the season, plus we'll have some money to bring someone during the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back