Fulham v Stoke. Sat 3rd Nov @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to my Fulham contact this morning and he reckons that our second half display was probably the best (and most enjoyable if neutral) he has seen in the 11 years Fulham have been back in the Premiership. Individually, the Fulham people could not think of a better display than Fellaini's.

He could not believe how much we have improved since last season, but admitted they got out of jail with both goals they scored and the number of chances we missed. He also said our away support yesterday was one of the biggest and best he can remember.

I know people are pissed off etc etc. Just want to give a shout out to the Fulham supporters. Really are a sound bunch, a lot have given praise to Everton and even more have wished us well for our campaign. Not to mention Jol's post match comments were extremely rational and respectful, something you wouldn't see from Rodgers. Don't mind Fulham at all, they really are a decent bunch.

Agreed, particularly liked Jol taking time out to refute the Gerrard lie (without actually naming him). 2 thumbs up to Fulham. (y)(y)

The game reminded me of blackburn away last year.

they battered us for 90 minutes but somehow we fluked a win.

Exactly what I thought mate, just have to take it on the chin.

At least this time around we appear to be pretty damn boss, while Blackburn were rubbish and still pulled out a quality performance - probably hurt more.

Went to the game yesterday. On leaving the ground there was real frustration and anger at failing to secure the 3 points. Should have been at least 3-1 up and maybe more. You're never gonna take all your chances but we should have done better with our finishing. Naismith should have buried one of his two chances. The rebound of the post (from Felli's effort) should be put away, and when Pienaar puts him in he's got to do better there. Then we get caught with a sucker punch!! Seamus runs into trouble in our half, and then fails to rectify his mistake beacuse he was caught out by Sidwell at the back post. Shame in a way bennoying but cause he'd had a decent game up to then. On my way back to the Coach I was listening to some of the Fulham fans and they were delighted they'd got a point. General feeling was they'd been mullered!! Annoying but it happens.

I am haunted by what I saw yesterday. Take months to recover from not winning that. The worst part was the fury of Fellaini when they equalised and he stormed off the pitch at the end....probably to consider his future. Wont be ith us in Janaury, he was magnificent yesterday. Not criticising Moyes' tactics but Mirallas was tormenting them and he was taken off,...oh dear

Just watched the Footy First extended highlights. It's hard to be angry after that performance in a way, thought everyone on the pitch played well. Even though Jelavic isn't scoring he's making good runs and playing good passes. Fellaini was boss, our right and left flanks were great. Not going to blame Coleman as he's twice the player as Hibbert, and he'll not do that again I'm sure. Cross should still be cleared.

Sunderland are going to need Sudocrem for their trip back to Tyneside.

After Coleman loses the ball on the halfway line, count how many Everton players the ball had to travel past to get to Sidwell...it's erm...a lot.

Agreed but even if you say that that goal is entirely Seamus' fault I don't see how Coleman is getting the blame and not Heitinga, Jelavic and Naismith for missing sistters. A goal not scored is the same as one conceded.

Agreed but even if you say that that goal is entirely Seamus' fault I don't see how Coleman is getting the blame and not Heitinga, Jelavic and Naismith for missing sistters. A goal not scored is the same as one conceded.

Agreed, Heitinga's was unforgivable. Went out of his way not to get his foot on it.

heitinga looked edgy again yesterday. He had nothing to do, but eveytime he passed it back to howard it was a bobbly kind of pass, maybe it was the pitch, but didn't seem to happen whenever anyone else did it

Yes we should have been 2 or 3 ahead but we weren't in the build up to their goal. Coleman knew this, ran into a blind alley, lost the ball and then had the chance to flick the cross away but let it go past him for Sidwell to tap in.

I'm a Coleman fan but he f*cked up big time yesterday. Hopefully he learns from it, as he was otherwise pretty good yesterday

the biggest positive for me out of yesterdays match was that the ref was consistant and played no part in the outcome - at least the best ref by far we had the whole season - just shows you it can be done - we critisize refs a lot but we should also give credit where it is due - now we only have to fix the problems we have scoring own goals (3 in a row now) hitting the post (9 times this season ) and conceding early soft goals (5 in a row ) then Bob's your uncle and nothing will stop us!

Who would have thought that after four draws in a row we'd have only dropped to 4th? Which reminds me, it's time to check out the 'Next 3 games' thread to see what predictions were made before the QPR game.. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back