Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wages are indeed high. Even half of his salary is more than we'd want to pay for a loanee.

However, we've lost Neville and Hitzlsperger over the summer, both experienced CM cover. Added to Osman's limitations and Gibson's recent injury record, we're in urgent need for two central players. Barry's a good option for one. Up until this summer he's been first choice for City, so we'd be deluding ourselves if we thought he wouldn't play regularly for us.

If he comes he will play the majority of games. Not sure why people so against this loan - still rated by most City fans who genuinely upset he going.

GOT Evertonians are all football scouts and world class managers that never got the oppotunity to shine tho mate. Not only do we know the true talents and (lack of) about our own players that other clubs fans don't see or realise, clearly we also know more about other clubs players that there fans are obviously blind about.

Link us with a fancy European name that no one can pronounce, playing for a sub standard team in a sub standard league tho....And were on route to CL glory!

Haha, it's quite funny really.

Barry is an upgrade on Osman so why not? Especially it is just a loan. If it works out, we can sign him on a free next summer.

Just to confirm, we're not signing Barry from Eastenders. Judging by some of the comments in here I think there's some people who think that's the case.

GOT Evertonians are all football scouts and world class managers that never got the oppotunity to shine tho mate. Not only do we know the true talents and (lack of) about our own players that other clubs fans don't see or realise, clearly we also know more about other clubs players that there fans are obviously blind about.

Link us with a fancy European name that no one can pronounce, playing for a sub standard team in a sub standard league tho....And were on route to CL glory!

Haha, it's quite funny really.

:lol: so true.

My mate from work is a City season ticket holder and he reckons everyone who goes the game, or at least all those he talks to all rate Barry really highly. He says he goes through so much work but it goes unnoticed on highlights because it's mostly off the ball or winning the ball back.

I think it's like us with Fellaini or Gibson. We rate them highly because we see them every week and understand how important they are, whereas those from outside don't think as much of them.

Let's not forget just how good Barry was when he was at Villa as well. It's a while ago now but if he does sign I doubt he'll be finding himself on the bench very often.

Gibbo wasnt exactly an inspiring signing when it happened and look how we cry out for him now. I think Garry Barry will be like that, totally uninspiring but a solid pro. Cant imagine the club will sell many shirts with his name on the back but shirts sales dont win you matches.

Expensive cover, would be on more than the rest of our midfield.

That is my only issue with Barry, the amount of moolah he gets paid, we can't afford to pay it.

For sure. No way we'd be paying the full £125k like, I think that's the only hold up in this move.

Expensive cover, would be on more than the rest of our midfield.

That is my only issue with Barry, the amount of moolah he gets paid, we can't afford to pay it.

He won't be a sub. Gibbo will be injured quite often. Osman will now sit on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back