Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Adebayor was first loaned to Spurs the vast majority of his wages were covered by City. Shouldn't be any different here.

But, they had the opportunity of getting a transfer fee at the end of it. Barry is in his last year of contract, and if City were going to pay the vast majority of his wages, every club would want to sign him.

Oh dear....Every original insult to try and make someone's point meaningless....throw in footy manager, Xbox, FIFA, No money...Yawn Yawn Yawn!

You seriously saying fellaini has not commented on leaving???
Maybe you missed the several interviews he's given....

We will never agree on anything mate, and should probably just ignore posts by each other...now I'm back off to the moyes fc forum!

He's currently happy, if he leaves he leaves, at this stage he's not forcing a move, so what's the big deal.

Listen, you talk about players wanting to leave our club to further their careers and win trophies, then talk about trying to get Laukaku or Ba on loan, don't you see how you contradict yourself? Why would they want to step backwards? Baines turned down United last season when Ferguson was there, there's not a lot changed in the last 12 months except they're now run by an average manager, why would he leave?

If we all agreed it'd be a boring forum, but back your points up, and make them meaningful.

Keep laughing mate. At £6m to cover his wages for the year (£125k a week), do you REALLY think we can afford it? It's an insane suggestion. The most we should pay is £40k a week, which is £2m for the year. City can cover the rest. If they refuse, we should walk away - he's not worth the insane salary City signed him to, which is why they want rid.

Do you really think we will pay 125k a week for anyone? pi55in meself if you think that will happen.

How does ANYONE know what we will pay? Just rumours and specualtion that realistically would never come out because it will be heavily favoured towards us and city wont want to look like mugs.

Were the only set of fans i know who start worrying about wages and seeing it as some sort of transfer fee, its ridiculous

He's currently happy, if he leaves he leaves, at this stage he's not forcing a move, so what's the big deal.

Listen, you talk about players wanting to leave our club to further their careers and win trophies, then talk about trying to get Lukaku or Ba on loan, don't you see how you contradict yourself? Why would they want to step backwards? Baines turned down United last season when Ferguson was there, there's not a lot changed in the last 12 months except they're now run by an average manager, why would he leave?

If we all agreed it'd be a boring forum, but back your points up, and make them meaningful.

Why would Baines leave? He’s not first choice for England, it’s a World Cup year in Brazil, possibly his last ever chance at playing in a World Cup given he is 28, he needs to outshine Cole to take that spot. I don’t think he has any winners medals either. He’s not played in the Champions League. He could get a final massive payday by moving to a side capable of challenging for honours, playing in the Champions League, whose players almost have a direct route to a starting England place, who pay more money and have a manager who absolutely loves him.

Now, why would he leave? Anyone got any ideas?

Why would Baines leave? He’s not first choice for England, it’s a World Cup year in Brazil, possibly his last ever chance at playing in a World Cup given he is 28, he needs to outshine Cole to take that spot. I don’t think he has any winners medals either. He’s not played in the Champions League. He could get a final massive payday by moving to a side capable of challenging for honours, playing in the Champions League, whose players almost have a direct route to a starting England place, who pay more money and have a manager who absolutely loves him.

Now, why would he leave? Anyone got any ideas?

Why didn't he leave last year? Has that much changed in 12 months?

Now obviously he's going to hand in a request in an hours time and make me look silly, but I think it doesn't always come down to money, perhaps he's happy here, settled, enjoys his togga, and doesn't need the move.

Crazy thought, but maybe he's the complete opposite of Cashley Cole?

Listen, you talk about players wanting to leave our club to further their careers and win trophies, then talk about trying to get Laukaku or Ba on loan, don't you see how you contradict yourself? Why would they want to step backwards? Baines turned down United last season when Ferguson was there, there's not a lot changed in the last 12 months except they're now run by an average manager, why would he leave?

You contradict yourself also mate. If I or others don't know he wants to leave why would you know he wants to stay? Baines I have stated IMO he will want a move, fellaini I have stated does want a move due to the facts of his constant talking about leaving Everton! Moyes was king at getting 1 more year out of players. What has changed since last summer? Well quite a big one in his former manager has taken over at said club.

As for Ba and Lakaku it's totally different situations to the current situations of fellaini and Baines.

Why didn't he leave last year? Has that much changed in 12 months?

Now obviously he's going to hand in a request in an hours time and make me look silly, but I think it doesn't always come down to money, perhaps he's happy here, settled, enjoys his togga, and doesn't need the move.

Crazy thought, but maybe he's the complete opposite of Cashley Cole?

They've got a different manager now, and he never quite did get that starting place for England. Who knows if he asked to leave last year and was told he was staying, like what happened to Arteta. There are quite a few reports he has asked to be allowed to leave. I've no idea if they are true or not.

In all fairness mate, given the reasons I gave and the reasons you have given for him staying, if you were him what would you do?

They've got a different manager now, and he never quite did get that starting place for England. Who knows if he asked to leave last year and was told he was staying, like what happened to Arteta. There are quite a few reports he has asked to be allowed to leave. I've no idea if they are true or not.

In all fairness mate, given the reasons I gave and the reasons you have given for him staying, if you were him what would you do?

If I was an Evertonian, garaunteed spot every week, earning the money he's on, a senior member of the squad, and a young family settled into the friends and family of the club, I'd stay too.

But hey, neither of us are Leighton, so it'll be interesting which way he chooses!

Christ, I've just noticed this is the Gareth Barry thread. ABORT! ABORT!

ha ha I didnt realise that either. lol

Being a blue only goes so far mate. The club has no loyalties they binned him once, they'll do it again when it suits them. This way he gets to choose.

Don't get me wrong I'll be gutted if he goes, and I think it's too late and moyes has been a cnt, but I wont really blame Baines if that's what he wants.

ha ha I didnt realise that either. lol

Being a blue only goes so far mate. The club has no loyalties they binned him once, they'll do it again when it suits them. This way he gets to choose.

Don't get me wrong I'll be gutted if he goes, and I think it's too late and moyes has been a cnt, but I wont really blame Baines if that's what he wants.

Whilst it's very rare these days, I believe Baines is a loyal type. We shall see (and pray). The other side of the coin is being forced to move and make out to be the Judas by Kenwright and co, it's happened before (false stories "leaked" to the press etc), hopefully that doesn't happen.

Anyways, I'd have Barry here, as long as he isn't sitting on the bench with McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back