Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines doesn't strike me as the arrogant type,if anything I would say that a lack of confidence has taken him so long to develop into the player he is. At Everton he knows exactly where he stands.
At Utd he has to prove himself all over again.I think it fair to say the Utd fans regard him as a signing for the squad and are underwhelmed by both Fellaini and Baines and at this early stage maybe Moyes also.
If Baines doesn't displace Evra, will he have any chance of playing in the national team ?
He is signing for Utd, but not for SAF who guaranteed you medals.

We'll pay half his wages at most. City are used to this when they loan out players -- they know most clubs aren't as shameless or extravagant as they are.

Gareth Barry would be a worthwhile addition to any squad.
In particular he will allow the manager time to assess his squad further without an enormous outlay of funds.

I believe RM knows exactly who he wants to bring to the club. Some of those may happen or indeed they may not for all sorts of reasons.
It may be that RM has to wait until January or even next summer,but in the meantime he will have brought a top level experienced international to the club.

Gareth Barry would be a worthwhile addition to any squad.
In particular he will allow the manager time to assess his squad further without an enormous outlay of funds.

I believe RM knows exactly who he wants to bring to the club. Some of those may happen or indeed they may not for all sorts of reasons.
It may be that RM has to wait until January or even next summer,but in the meantime he will have brought a top level experienced international to the club.

January....this is where Roberto will see the harsh truth about "how Everton work"......

I'd take Barry if we can him for like 50k a week. If Felli stays, that would mean Gibson/Felli/Barkley/Osman fighting for 2/3 spaces. I would have concerns about two 32 year olds in CM though

I'd take Barry if we can him for like 50k a week. If Felli stays, that would mean Gibson/Felli/Barkley/Osman fighting for 2/3 spaces. I would have concerns about two 32 year olds in CM though

Ossie shouldn't be anywhere near CM though, if we end up having options after the window closes.

Man City outcast Barry ready to take pay cut to ensure Everton loan goes through

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry hopes to open talks with Everton this weekend ahead of a season-long loan to Goodison Park. Barry, 32, is ready to take a drop in salary to make the move happen.
Everton are also continuing negotiations with Wigan over a deal for James McCarthy but face competition from Newcastle and Tottenham.
City hope to sign defender Martin Demichelis from Atletico Madrid once the Spanish finalise terms with Ajax for defender Toby Alderweireld.

Man City outcast Barry ready to take pay cut to ensure Everton loan goes through

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry hopes to open talks with Everton this weekend ahead of a season-long loan to Goodison Park. Barry, 32, is ready to take a drop in salary to make the move happen.
Everton are also continuing negotiations with Wigan over a deal for James McCarthy but face competition from Newcastle and Tottenham.
City hope to sign defender Martin Demichelis from Atletico Madrid once the Spanish finalise terms with Ajax for defender Toby Alderweireld.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2407474/Gareth-Barry-pay-cut-join-Everton-loan.html

Don't forget the link! (y)

Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_ 3m

Everton will sign Gareth Barry on loan before Monday's deadline #mcfc #efc

Not a bad loan signing. Yea he's old but stays relatively healthy and pace was never really his game.

He twice the player Neville is to be fair and will increase competition in midfield, he will be an ideal replacement for Gibson/Osman and will offer protection to Barkley. He will also be trying to win a World Cup place as well.

And the good thing about the deal is that we possibly can get him for free after this season, because his contract expires. We possibly can get a really good CM we really need for 2-3 seasons for close to nothing. Really happy with Barry coming to us. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back