Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the Newcastle highlights. I think it's when McCarthy hacks down Sissoko. Barry makes absolutely no attempt to track his runner (Sissoko) who just jogs past him. Honestly the most sickening thing I've seen all season.
Like Besic did with Vargas in QPR game and hes gone missing. I just wanna to see McCarthy Besic , can they save this defense, because Barry can't . That is clear.

WhereTF was Kenwright when long contracts were being handed out to players that were either shot already...Distin/Howard/Osman, or likely to become shot soon just down to age....Barry ?

I dont think he's fully fit, or playing with a knock but hes being forced to play due to a lack of other options. There is no way he can deteriorate that much from May to August/September.

It's not the first or the last time an ageing player will appear to lose his ability to play at the top level almost overnight.

He is finished at the top level, there is no need to make excuses for him.

Sometimes you've got to take a booking when someone's left you flat footed, but it seems these days he doesn't even try to track back. He takes out the likes of Cattermole and Tom Huddlestone who surely even he can catch up to.
Whereas he was central to the beating heart of our team last season,he is central to the malaise this year:(

Todays performance was norhing short of a disgrace.

Leave him to rot in the reserves and tell him to find a new club.

It's not the first or the last time an ageing player will appear to lose his ability to play at the top level almost overnight.

He is finished at the top level, there is no need to make excuses for him.

I agree. He is finished, his legs have gone and that's that. If he could run around properly and contribute then we would be saying what a class act he still is.

Remember Gravesen when he joined us from Celtic, he could barely run and decided to pack it in soon afterwards.

I'm sure he's not deliberately going out there and being [Poor language removed]. He's just past it. He was never the fastest, but now his legs have gone completely. Playing him every match doesn't help like. Add to that the lack of confidence going through the team and the thing he was good at - reading the game and his intelligence - is undermined, and he looks out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back