Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if im wrong but surely New York FC doesnt start for another few years yet? PLUS, Roberto isnt looking to move Baines to CDM straight away, its more for when he doesnt have the legs to bomb up and down the left wing every week.
Im 99.9% certain he'll sign in the Summer.

Will he be able to hack it in the States when he's 35? Cahill was 32, Beckham was 31, Defoe is 31, Henry was 32 and Keane was 30, so he's leaving it late already.

Would Roberto make it public and proactively act on switching Baines (taking him to scout Lahm) if he isn't looking to try it within the next year? The German is 30 now and Leighton is only a year younger than him, so it's not necessarily a move to be made once his legs start going.

It's funny to think that we was slugging with out with Villa for the 'best of the rest' trophy. Barry was their main man, while O Neil was splashing the cash and now Barry could possibly be taking us into the 'best league'.

Before I get too cocky, I hope we can get a good replacement in a few years because that could be the difference in a bad season or not.

It's funny to think that we was slugging with out with Villa for the 'best of the rest' trophy. Barry was their main man, while O Neil was splashing the cash and now Barry could possibly be taking us into the 'best league'.

Before I get too cocky, I hope we can get a good replacement in a few years because that could be the difference in a bad season or not.

I forgot to add how bad they are doing.

Barry has to sign and I'm sure he will, 'once Everton has touched you' and all that. I think he 'gets' us.

Lad who I play footy with works with a lad who was an usher at G B's wedding. Pretty much nailed on he will stay, house in wilmslow, family settled etc.

I dont think he should go any were either,we give him the chance to show how good he is,and when on one else would do,sometimes i hate it when players use us show there talents just to get to other teams,not thats there is anything wrong with that or whatever

I always new barry was a good player but this lad has been quality for us, very solid in the middle and him and Mccarthy have played great together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back