Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's settled in the north west, we are the best team that would give him a start every week, he's a multi millionaire and isn't going to earn a significantly higher amount anywhere else. It's a no-brainer to be honest. (hopefully!)

It's funny to think that we was slugging with out with Villa for the 'best of the rest' trophy. Barry was their main man, while O Neil was splashing the cash and now Barry could possibly be taking us into the 'best league'.

Before I get too cocky, I hope we can get a good replacement in a few years because that could be the difference in a bad season or not.

maybe lundstram could be that guy, was hoping it would be junior after early reports, but that seems to have gone downhill.

Think this is the third interview with an Everton player in as many days by the Guardian - Martinez is really trying to get the club profile up.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-barry-final-home-game-manchester-united-city

Good stuff, apart from this gem in the opening paragraph:

and there is still the possibility of extending his loan

Given he's out of contract in the summer, a fact that virtually everyone knows, I fail to see how his loan would be extended. He's hardly going to sign a new deal with City and return on loan to us.

Good stuff, apart from this gem in the opening paragraph:

Given he's out of contract in the summer, a fact that virtually everyone knows, I fail to see how his loan would be extended. He's hardly going to sign a new deal with City and return on loan to us.
Yeah I found that very odd as well. Not that either us or Barry would be too bothered about city paying 50% of his wages at the cost of resting him for 2 games in a season but think City's accountants might....

The latest I've heard is that Barry wants to stay. I'd hope he'd accept a wage cut on what he earns now - but maybe we could give him an extra year to make up for it?

Just want to say... i hope he doesn't go missing for thi evening's game.

article-2073521-0F2882A000000578-6_634x846.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back