Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at signing Diame from West Ham if Barry won't agree a reasonable deal.

Diame has a buyout in his contract for less than £5m I'm told.

So there. Hope we get Barry but economics may come into play.

We are looking at signing Diame from West Ham if Barry won't agree a reasonable deal.

I
T
K

would love both tbh, with europa league were gonna need a big squad and McCarthy and Barry with Diame and Gibson as back ups would be great business for a free transfer and 3.5 million

It's an interesting one. Baines and McCarthy sat behind Barkley with Oviedo at left back looks a goer on paper. Shame Bryan isn't available for City, sounds as though we might've seen it.

I can see Baines switching to CM. I remember that at the beginning of the season I was very skeptical about Lahm changing to midfield, I saw it as wasting perhaps the world's best RB's talents in an other position but he has proven me wrong and he's doing immensely well there as well. Now we all know that Baines is a highly intelligent footballer with similar skills to Lahm (maybe Lahm is a tad better at defending and a better passer, Bainesy in exchange is world class in dead ball situations), so I'm confident that he would be just fine there with his great tactical awareness. And the big bonus for us would be to develop another fantastic LB with Oviedo who could solve our fullback position question for many years to come. But Baines can of course switch back whenever he's needed in defense because Oviedo is great as a winger as well. It would give us an abundance of options, isn't that great fellas? :)

I can see Baines switching to CM. I remember that at the beginning of the season I was very skeptical about Lahm changing to midfield, I saw it as wasting perhaps the world's best RB's talents in an other position but he has proven me wrong and he's doing immensely well there as well. Now we all know that Baines is a highly intelligent footballer with similar skills to Lahm (maybe Lahm is a tad better at defending and a better passer, Bainesy in exchange is world class in dead ball situations), so I'm confident that he would be just fine there with his great tactical awareness. And the big bonus for us would be to develop another fantastic LB with Oviedo who could solve our fullback position question for many years to come. But Baines can of course switch back whenever he's needed in defense because Oviedo is great as a winger as well. It would give us an abundance of options, isn't that great fellas? :)
Its a complete waste of Lahm's talents, he is a good enough footballer to play well there, but he is not as good as martinez and schweinsteiger, and not as good there as he is at RB, its basically pep being a bell

I honestly can't even see Barry asking for massive wages, I know there was a bit of drama when he left Villa but I honestly think his reasons were purely footballing, he'd achieved all he was ever going to at Villa and he wanted to go play Champions League football and go to a club where he can win something.

He seems the type who really enjoys playing football and is just happy doing that, I think he has enjoyed his time here and I just can't see him asking for massive wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back