Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds as though theres a clause that we triggered. whereby taking him on loan and wanting to extend it to a permanent when he leaves on a free, we have to pay city 2.5mil quid.
Does this change people still wanting him?

Can't see that being right mate.
But, even if it was, I'd happily pay it.

This rumor of us having to pay City 2.5m is BS, come July the 1st his contract will be up he will no longer have any affiliation or contract with City and his loan deal will have expired and he will officially be a free agent so City can't get a fee for a player who isn't even on their books!

Yeah that's what I was thinking it will be incredibly stupid if we have to pay them for a player who is no longer contracted to them. Plus 2.5mil is bloody nothing to them that's the bit that bothers me.

Can't see that being right mate.
But, even if it was, I'd happily pay it.

Easy if that figure is right way to fix it, get them to loan us another player this season and get them to right off any loan fee (Milner, Jovetic, any of about 10 others) - or them to contribute more to the wages as a way of erasing the 2.5m, good relationship this season between the clubs so can actually see city being willing to do it

Shocking that he's not even been considered for the stand by list for the WC.
He's had a brilliant season, 3rd in the passing quantity & completion lists in the league.
Age can't be an argument, coz he's only a year older than Carrick, and 2 younger than Lampard.

If Gerrard get's injured there's no "natural" defensive midfielder in the squad either. I know it's a "youthful" squad, but it's a position you want an experienced player in and surely you would want that dependability in a tournament situation.

We need to get Barry signed up to set the tone for a good transfer window. If we don't, then I'm a bit fearful that it could all go a bit pear shaped.

Can't believe he's not at least on standby when Lamp Frankard made the squad. A better option than carrick for me as well.

I wonder if this amounts to the wages paid by City to Barry while he was on loan with us. If he leaves after his loan it costs us nothing,if he stays we reimburse City.

sounds like we didnt really pay a loan fee for him...and the 2.5M could be seen as that payment? Or there was something in the wages that city had paid and we never?

I heard the fee was £1M that we had to pay city tbh not the £2.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back