Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think this story about the £2.5m fee is either being reported wrong or nonsense, it totally contravenes the Bosman ruling.

The only way I can see us paying a fee for him is if it was a loan fee, agreed at the start of the loan, but payed at the end. Which means Everton have to pay it anyway, even if we don't sign him.

Once Barry's contract at city expires they cannot demand a fee for him, he is free to go wherever he chooses.
Agreed, it's total jarg

If their is any fee outstanding on us signing him city will waive it for us playing nice with our comments about FFP and not making a fuss imo

Their a method to most of what bobby says and does

sounds as though theres a clause that we triggered. whereby taking him on loan and wanting to extend it to a permanent when he leaves on a free, we have to pay city 2.5mil quid.
Does this change people still wanting him?

Why do we have to pay City 2.5M to get him on a free? I think he'll have suitors that could outbid us over the summer. Hopefully if that's the case he'll stay here.

If we do get him back I hope to god that Gibson can stay fit because I think he's been kind of struggling this final month which I'm chalking up to tiredness.

Why would we be paying for an out of contract player?

He'll be here next season lads, chill.
I hope so that 2.5 million is probably what City wanted in the last January transfer window - he is a free agent - I just do not want another Saha scenario were once on good wages his performance may dip!

£2.5m (if true) + Hefty signing on fee + sizable wages for a 33 year old looking for his last pay day?

Can't help but think we should be exploring other options.

That would be my view as well. Even though he would be out of contract would City still hold his registration?

£2.5m (if true) + Hefty signing on fee + sizable wages for a 33 year old looking for his last pay day?

Can't help but think we should be exploring other options.
Cannot imagine it is true regarding 2.5m.

We'll only take him if he doesn't demand to be our highest-paid player and isn't looking for millions as a signing on fee, i.e. if he is desperate to stay.

Thing is, if he wants to remain in England, he won't have a better option than Everton.

I hope so that 2.5 million is probably what City wanted in the last January transfer window - he is a free agent - I just do not want another Saha scenario were once on good wages his performance may dip!

i highly doubt he's not been on good wages for the last season tbh

2.5 would be about tops- he can only have 1 maybe 2 good seasons left in him

Yeah but I can easily see him in a coaching role alongside Roberto .... and, whisper it, perhaps even succeeding him in due course.

The above assumes that he signs on the dotted line of course :) .... and anyone at the Hull game, can they give us a "heads up" on his body language at the end please? I thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back