Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth Barry hopefully can play on at least one more season, his experience could be invaluable where the likes of Ledson, Davies and other young midfield hopefuls are concerned... has been an excellent signing.

Had at most one bad game this season. When you consider the team's season as a whole that shows he was a cut above this year in terms of consistently putting in quality performances.

Amazing when you consider where he was 12 months ago.

fully deserved this award through out the whole season consistently nobody come close even yesterday he had a great game, glad we have one more season with him definitely doesn't look finished and will help the younger lads a lot, his experience is invaluable

Absolutely well deserved. Enjoyed himself last Sunday with all the energy around him. I bet he thought to himself "oh to be young again" I hope he remains relatively injury free for a couple more years blooding in our youth revolution.

Wonder if he will be fazed out this season? Imagine he will have a lot to
offer in certain games that suit him.

Wonder if he will be fazed out this season? Imagine he will have a lot to
offer in certain games that suit him.

Can see us bringing in two really good centre miss mate, and maybe Barkley featuring a lot more there this year, so reckon he will be backup, good backup mind

I expect Barry to play most of the away games to make us more solid and against the more attacking teams at home. Would be surprised if Barry starts less than 25 games next year although I would want to stab myself in the eyes if we continue to play 2 defensive mids against lower level teams at home. Barkley and a another in centre mid for majority of games. Barry and a another when we want to keep it tighter. Sorry James McCarthy, you are the weakest link.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back