Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of our defensive players have made countless mistakes leading to goals. Hes at least made up for it in other areas

He's symptomatic of a Martinez team. Looks good on the ball but completely hopeless st stopping it flying into his own net. I dread to think what the stat would be had Kabe had his shooting boots at WHL when Barry played him in numerous times. Not good enough.

He's symptomatic of a Martinez team. Looks good on the ball but completely hopeless st stopping it flying into his own net. I dread to think what the stat would be had Kabe had his shooting boots at WHL when Barry played him in numerous times. Not good enough.
Widely recognised by the majority of our fan base as our player of the year.

And as stats show he's on par with some of the so called better DMs in the league this year

Wow! it seems I've been watching from another dimension. If not for Barry we would be relegation fodder. Besic hasn't taken the bull by horns when he steps in. He has apologized many times for his dire play I suppose mainly due to niggling injuries but still. I have to admit Barry's age is telling but I would rather have him than not.

Wow! it seems I've been watching from another dimension. If not for Barry we would be relegation fodder. Besic hasn't taken the bull by horns when he steps in. He has apologized many times for his dire play I suppose mainly due to niggling injuries but still. I have to admit Barry's age is telling but I would rather have him than not.

Agree we would of been lost without him every time he has been out we have be worse of for it

Let me get this right, Barry's been poor and you want Moyes back.
Nurse, the man's not been taking his pills again.

The Moyes thing was a joke as you well know. Yeah I think Barry is poor. He might well be best of a diabolical bunch (I don't think he is) but he's still not good enough. No side in the top 6 would have him.

You're entitled to your opinion mate.

Just like the 99% of people who disagree and think you're a melon are entitled to theirs.

Garbar4lief

Wonder what the poll question would be? Is Gareth Barry good enough for a top 4 midfield? Do you think 99% would answer yes?

That's our ambition isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back