Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't mention PULIS on the same page as Everton. His contribution to football is NIL. Every team he manages becomes boring. Even when he speaks of another club he's boring. He always gives the full title to any club he talks about, ie West Bromwich Albion Football Club, West Ham United Football Club, Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic Football Club, I was hoping W.B.A. would draw Newport in one of the cups, to hear him say Newport County Association Football Club Football Club. Reidy & Gerry Francis used to work with him, they do the same now.
What really annoys me is: He doesn't say the post codes.

Leave Pulis alone pls.

Last season i was thinkin hes done and was against him playing so much. First one I was wrong , Barry had great season , but i still thinks that man is tired and should get some rest from time to time. If Barry is not slow as he is he would be one of the greatest, hes so good at reading the game.

Got a bit of a lesson from Lennon yesterday, youth vs experience, but what a player he is going to be eventually.

Sheer size of the lad no he's bulked up a bit as well. To say he came in as a winger and has been used constantly at left back he's done pretty well. I imagine he'll be there go-to left back for the next few years

Please don't mention PULIS on the same page as Everton. His contribution to football is NIL. Every team he manages becomes boring. Even when he speaks of another club he's boring. He always gives the full title to any club he talks about, ie West Bromwich Albion Football Club, West Ham United Football Club, Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic Football Club, I was hoping W.B.A. would draw Newport in one of the cups, to hear him say Newport County Association Football Club Football Club. Reidy & Gerry Francis used to work with him, they do the same now.
What really annoys me is: He doesn't say the post codes.
Hmmmm, you don't like Pulis? Who gave us Crystanbul? Kopite behaviour that.

What the hell are we gonna do when this lad leaves/retires?
Absolutely integral.

We'll be fine.

It'll just be a case of adapting the system slightly but if we start to do that properly from next term it shouldn't be an issue.

Barry, if his gametime is managed right, could play-on for another two years I reckon.

We'll be fine.

It'll just be a case of adapting the system slightly but if we start to do that properly from next term it shouldn't be an issue.

Barry, if his gametime is managed right, could play-on for another two years I reckon.

No issues with Barry being a squad player but if we really want to push on to the next level then a top deep lying creative midfielder to play in the first team is essential.

No issues with Barry being a squad player but if we really want to push on to the next level then a top deep lying creative midfielder to play in the first team is essential.

It's not mate.

We have Besic. He deserves to be given a go there and has shown he has the qualities to fill that 'box-to-box' role.

Martinez plays with two 'water carriers' and that's the system he employs.

It does mean though that in certain games we have to have another creative outlet and that's why most important is getting in a player for that left side. Personally, as good as Yarmolenko is, I'd rather us go for somebody of the ilk of Bonaventura who is basically Pienaar in his pomp and then some...

It's not mate.

We have Besic. He deserves to be given a go there and has shown he has the qualities to fill that 'box-to-box' role.

Martinez plays with two 'water carriers' and that's the system he employs.

It does mean though that in certain games we have to have another creative outlet and that's why most important is getting in a player for that left side. Personally, as good as Yarmolenko is, I'd rather us go for somebody of the ilk of Bonaventura who is basically Pienaar in his pomp and then some...

Whilst I don't rate Barry, what I feel is undeniable is that he is in the team primarily for his ball distribution. McCarthy is there to press, run, fill in for others who have vacated their position. I see Besic as an upgrade on McCarthy, he can do all of the above and play as well with a decent passing range. Does he have the ability to dictate the tempo of a game from deep with his passing? Maybe but I still would prefer an Alonso or Arteta type in there to really open up those defences who come to sit deep. With Barry's suspension hopefully we will get a view of Besic and McCarthy in tandem again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back