Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree, at his age he simply has to be rotated. Martinez just seems unflinching in his belief that Barry must always play, it baffles me.
Because he is by far the best passer of the ball in the team?
Because he allows Stones to bring the ball out by covering at CB?
Because he starts every attack because of he is comfortable in taking the ball under pressure.

Everyone was applauding him at the game today, and rightly so.

Brilliant football brain but sadly I just think the game has caught up with him, at times he thinks he has more time than he has and he is getting caught out because of it. Great player but he needs to be used sparingly while we try to find a replacement.

Because he starts every attack because of he is comfortable in taking the ball under pressure.

It was the same around me at the ground and on the train afterwards. He put a really decent shift in today, as did all of the team.

He didn't play well today, could have cost us the game.

As I've said, my gripe isn't with Barry. He has a lot to offer as you rightly pointed out, but not as a permanent starter.

He didn't play well today, could have cost us the game.

To be fair no one bar howard had a good game today. We were [Poor language removed], lucky not to get beat by 3-4 goals. And in my opinion in this [Poor language removed] environment barry looked ok if you compare him to the lads who shoud be our biggest assets

To be fair no one bar howard had a good game today. We were [Poor language removed], lucky not to get beat by 3-4 goals. And in my opinion in this [Poor language removed] environment barry looked ok if you compare him to the lads who shoud be our biggest assets

The fact is the way Martinez treats Barry does make him a big 'asset', if people genuinely think we can get away with him playing 30+ games in centre mid this season then you're as deluded as any Liverpool fan who still rated Gerrard last year.

The fact is the way Martinez treats Barry does make him a big 'asset', if people genuinely think we can get away with him playing 30+ games in centre mid this season then you're as deluded as any Liverpool fan who still rated Gerrard last year.

I think he should be bench player despite of todays performance or in previous 3 games. Not good enough but much better than last season

Absolute fraud in the starting 11 taking a valuable spot. He knows he's so slow so he sits unbelievably deep to account for this meaning we just put no pressure on the ball. He also gave away a few clear goalscoring opportunities to Spurs. Our record without him is incredible and yet again with him in the team we don't score. He is absolute garbage, could have Barkley playing in his place instead of that pathetic crab.

Absolute fraud in the starting 11 taking a valuable spot. He knows he's so slow so he sits unbelievably deep to account for this meaning we just put no pressure on the ball. He also gave away a few clear goalscoring opportunities to Spurs. Our record without him is incredible and yet again with him in the team we don't score. He is absolute garbage, could have Barkley playing in his place instead of that pathetic crab.

A bit OTT.

He had a bad game today there's no doubt about it. He's been good otherwise.

A bit OTT.

He had a bad game today there's no doubt about it. He's been good otherwise.

He had one ok game against Southampton, the rest of the time he's been poor, to be honest it doesn't matter if he performs well (for him), as an immobile 34 year old with a poor passing range he's just not equipped to playing centre mid in a team wanting to push up the league. He completely unbalanced the team causing massive gaps to appear because he sits so deep because he's so painfully slow. The sooner he retires the better for Everton. If not he'll get Roberto fired at some point. Awful player, just absolutely nothing good about him. McCarthy wasn't much better either. Barkley and Besic are exciting progressive, on the front foot, positive, making chances and winning the ball back in dangerous areas. Mcbarry axis of dirge just sit with the centrebacks ins back six, then pass it backwards whenever we get the chance to break. We are better without them.

Despite it being annoying I couldn't help but burst out laughing at him being offside for that free kick in the second half. It was arguably the worst timed run I've ever seen at this level.

He had one ok game against Southampton, the rest of the time he's been poor, to be honest it doesn't matter if he performs well (for him), as an immobile 34 year old with a poor passing range he's just not equipped to playing centre mid in a team wanting to push up the league. He completely unbalanced the team causing massive gaps to appear because he sits so deep because he's so painfully slow. The sooner he retires the better for Everton. If not he'll get Roberto fired at some point. Awful player, just absolutely nothing good about him. McCarthy wasn't much better either. Barkley and Besic are exciting progressive, on the front foot, positive, making chances and winning the ball back in dangerous areas. Mcbarry axis of dirge just sit with the centrebacks ins back six, then pass it backwards whenever we get the chance to break. We are better without them.

It would be easier to read your posts and even perhaps agree with your opinion if you didn't post in such an OTT style.

I do agree with some of the things you are saying. Even if I disagree that Barry has only had one good game.

Was it just me or was that the worst performance from an everton player I can remember... looked like he was on the piss and running through super glue. .. he's finished... how martinez doesn't see this I'll never know... nearly threw the tv out the window watchin him today... ffs I felt like cryin watchin him today... aaaaarrrrggghhh

Finished just finished. .. embarrassing watching him today... how does martinez not see this

No idea mate, when he doesn't play we win and score a few, when he plays we generally don't. I keep thinking he'll phase him out and out Barkley or Cleverley in his place but he's clearly not going to. He sucks the life out of the side Nd was horrific today. Get him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back