• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Gary Lineker knows of 2 gay prem footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but have you ever worn a pair of leggings??
jim-carrey-scared.gif

I can't see this thread ending well.
It's sad that you have to say that. This really should be no major issue. It's no issue in other sports like rugby and the GAA in Ireland, where we've had openly gay players, but football has yet to break that barrier sadly.

When or if it does happen, that a premier league footballers comes out as gay, i honestly think quite a lot of fans won't be able to handle the situation maturely sadly.

It's sad that you have to say that. This really should be no major issue. It's no issue in other sports like rugby and the GAA in Ireland, where we've had openly gay players, but football has yet to break that barrier sadly.

When or if it does happen, that a premier league footballers comes out as gay, i honestly think quite a lot of fans won't be able to handle the situation maturely sadly.
More to do with the OP being a bit naughty

Would it tho? The player might get abused by fans from rivals.
Just fans of rivals? Think you're giving a little bit more credit to some "supporters" than they deserve. Look at the targeted personal abuse players get for a poor match or even breaking down with a reoccurring injury.

There's plenty among the 'support' who'd love a bit more of what they view as ammo.

I don't get why this is even a story, it's like saying he knows 2 that play golf, or poker or go swimming, it should be irrelevant what they do away from football.
It should be irrelevant, but what should be and what is are two different things

How many closeted footballers, and young people in general, grow up feeling alone, depressed, etc. Seeing people that are like you on the biggest football stage is the first step toward making the world as it should be - I.e. your sexuality not mattering

I think the vast majority of people are more than happy for gays to be gays, it’s just the recruitment and propaganda that irks people, especially when it’s aimed towards children. People should just be left alone to be whoever they want to be.

It would make an absolutely huge statement across the footballing and sporting world with 2 or even 1 high profile player coming out right before or during the WC. Especially given the host nations laws and beliefs. It would also help so many people who are struggling with their identity, especially in mens football.

I do think though that it is a massive responsibility to put on someone and I cant see either of the players doing it. Once one goes public though, a lot will follow until people stop being interested and treatimg it as 'news'. Hopefully we get to that point soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back