• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen him score some proper belters, he has been at everton a few years now but to judge him on a tweet seems a bit harsh.

He'll learn what's more acceptable in time, he'll be a big player for us in 3-4 years if he develops right, by then he'll still only be 22.

I like the lid - if I was a footballer I'd spend all day on Twitter calling anyone that wasn't a blue a scumbag (even if I didn't play for us).

I want to see him score against the RS and lift up his shirt to reveal a vest with 'It woz Chelsea' printed on it.

Then defecate in the home dugout whilst singing Grand Old Team

Boats and Ho's yo

He'll learn what's more acceptable in time, he'll be a big player for us in 3-4 years if he develops right, by then he'll still only be 22.
I think he needs to pushing for selection next season to be honest. How old is he? 17? OK maybe by the next 2 seasons getting a game in?

Left footed player who can cut in from the left and hit it with his right who has been compared with the likes of Gascoigne.

It might explain why we haven't bought any replacement for Pienaar this window.

I've always seen him as Pienaar long term replacement in fact I've said it on here before. The kid is a massive talent and Martinez knows it.

The gaffer is trying to handle him the right way playing him down so he doesn't get to big headed. I would say 2 years and should be in first team squad IF he knuckles down.

Totally
Good to see him supporting his hometown club, but he's a fool to use terms such as 'Leeds scum'. Firstly, it's not very nice (even if it might be true). Secondly, it doesn't reflect well on Everton as a club if one of their younger players is going around calling another club 'scum'. We're better than that, we should have some class and dignity about us. Thirdly, he's a fool. Who knows where his career will take him. What happens if Leeds want to sign him one day? He's going to look like a massive tit (if he doesn't already).

Players can have a laugh on twitter and engage in the dreaded 'banter', but calling another group 'scum' is a bit OTT in my eyes.

BTW, I don't think he should be calling Liverpool 'scum' either. Sh**e maybe, scum is a bit much.:p
Totally agree, these sorts of things can come back to haunt you.

Why does a player have to make it through by a certain age or hes [Poor language removed], when there ready there ready

because lots of fans have to think in black and white. if they apply reason and patience, and allow that lots of different factors apply to many events in football then they wouldn´t be able to fume and go crazy in every thread.

serenity is their enemy!

He does seem like a bit of a tit. Admittedly a lot of people are at that age.

I've just come to expect every young footballer to be as down to earth, mature and handsome as John Stones. And that's not fair, really.

Eggs, I wished merely to express my long time dislike of Leeds.

....okeedokee & apologies. Funny how we all have a dislike of certain teams. Jack Charlton always says that in his time Everton were always the main rivals to that famous Leeds team. They had that 'dirty Leeds' tag, not only because of Hunter and Charlton but because Bremner, Giles and co also had a nasty streak. Their fans have always had a poor reputation too. Like you, I'm not saying Green was wrong but he should keep those thoughts private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back