• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
....okeedokee & apologies. Funny how we all have a dislike of certain teams. Jack Charlton always says that in his time Everton were always the main rivals to that famous Leeds team. They had that 'dirty Leeds' tag, not only because of Hunter and Charlton but because Bremner, Giles and co also had a nasty streak. Their fans have always had a poor reputation too. Like you, I'm not saying Green was wrong but he should keep those thoughts private.

I remember the game at GP when Bell nearly crippled Shirely. The ref was just going to give a free kick with Shirley flat out on the deck and they were bringing a stretcher. The Crowd was in uproar, absolutely unbelievable. The chant that went up was "we wanna a Ref" over nad over agiain. It was volatile and the crowd so angry that both teams were taken off the pitch for ten minutes for things to calm down. Bell eventually I think got carded.

I remember the game at GP when Bell nearly crippled Shirely. The ref was just going to give a free kick with Shirley flat out on the deck and they were bringing a stretcher. The Crowd was in uproar, absolutely unbelievable. The chant that went up was "we wanna a Ref" over nad over agiain. It was volatile and the crowd so angry that both teams were taken off the pitch for ten minutes for things to calm down. Bell eventually I think got carded.

....they were the days, I thought Sandy Brown got sent off in the game where they left the pitch but I might be getting mixed up with a Derby. It was all a long time ago. Just imagine what was going on in the tunnel. Jack Charlton got fined for saying he had a 'little black book' of names he was out to get, apparently Johnny Morrisey was top of that list.

....they were the days, I thought Sandy Brown got sent off in the game where they left the pitch but I might be getting mixed up with a Derby. It was all a long time ago. Just imagine what was going on in the tunnel. Jack Charlton got fined for saying he had a 'little black book' of names he was out to get, apparently Johnny Morrisey was top of that list.
Brown was sent off -- after 6 minutes. That set the tone. Eventually the ref had had enough and he took both sides off (after about 40 minutes I think). When football was a man's game.

Brown was sent off -- after 6 minutes. That set the tone. Eventually the ref had had enough and he took both sides off (after about 40 minutes I think). When football was a man's game.

....wasn't it just. Watched those vids posted of us v Man Utd from '67 (I think). Nobody fell over unless they were clobbered, nobody rolled about, nobody dived. Amazing the difference.

There is NO WAY we paid 2 million up front for him. NO WHERE NEAR

He came here at 15. We paid training compensation.

4 years x £90k = £360k Training Compensation

NOT 2 MILLION!!!

2 million will be total including add ons plus any transfers via solidarity mechanism. So its no where near 2 million!!!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/06/30/78/statusinhalt_en_122007.pdf

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/aff...ngcompensationandthecategorisationofclubs.pdf

He's from Bradford/Dewsbury. Him calling leeds scum is like us calling the RS the RS.

Martinez said in February he just needs to learn discipline. People want to leave off. Let the kid develop and not post stupid comments about him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...egends-Gascoigne-Rooney-IN-THE-SPOTLIGHT.html

You've had a nightmare with this post as I was clearly joking.

A bit extreme that.

Was thinking hed be getting ganes this season off the bench with a view to replacing pienaar next season perhaps...as sone mentioned already.

But martinez had said hes got a lot to do devekopment wise.

Charlton was a [Poor language removed] of the first order, we all knew that but the people at the top turned a blind eye.

I think he needs to pushing for selection next season to be honest. How old is he? 17? OK maybe by the next 2 seasons getting a game in?

It's probably Moyes mentality installed in me still. We need him to stand out in the U21's first, if he bosses that league before he's 19, it's a matter of time before he's on the bench.

Does anyone know his preferred position?

It's probably Moyes mentality installed in me still. We need him to stand out in the U21's first, if he bosses that league before he's 19, it's a matter of time before he's on the bench.

Does anyone know his preferred position?
I think the issue is nobody at Everton knows his preferred position unfortunately

There's nothing to suggest he's better than anyone else in the U18s.

Still plenty of time but people need to strip back the expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back