• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
horrible move for him

tranmere are a sinking ship, can't gain anything from it other than being the lad who keeps them up, and he doesnt have to travel far to get to the games

I can see what you are saying, it is going to be a very hard loan for him. It's league 2 and Tranmere are really struggling. For a lot of youngsters it would be a real kick in the teeth.

For Green though and where he is at it could be really perfect for him. He is going to have to pull his weight and he is going to but under pressure in most games as they are struggling. I think this will teach Green a lot about the game actually which will be quite invaluable.

In all honesty he is going to be one of their most talented attacking players. He should have a chance to shine in that regards too. So it's going to be quite a chastening experience for him, but in the grand scheme of things that could help him.

either that or we are loaning him to a team local to us which gives him some playing time away from the reserves/youth for a couple of months.

He might not be top of his class in his team but still may just be a helping tranmere out best we can thing.

I think they probably want to keep him quite local in all honesty. I also think we have a good rapport with Tranmere and loan players and it's worth keeping that up. Baxter, Wallace and Pennington have all done well their before.

He only played a handful of games for the reserves this year, which can't be much good for any youngster looking to cross over into the first team. Hopefully a few games in senior football before the end of the season will do him the world of good. They've got 8 games left, so hopefully he'll feature in all of those and gain a better sense of what senior football is all about.

Tbf, with the predicament Tranmere are in at the minute, where better to gain experience for playing for the current Everton?

He only played a handful of games for the reserves this year, which can't be much good for any youngster looking to cross over into the first team. Hopefully a few games in senior football before the end of the season will do him the world of good. They've got 8 games left, so hopefully he'll feature in all of those and gain a better sense of what senior football is all about.

Been injured loads

I'll be honest, apart from his name, and boats and hoes (sailing and gardening are good pastimes for a young chap) I know very little about the lad.

Heard Mickey Adams before sati g he's a left sided player and has a 'wand of a left foot' so hopefully he'll get a bit of experience and come back decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back