Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're even close to seeing everything from him yet this season. Don't even mean his 'full potential' either - I get the feeling he's still holding off on really putting on the burners with his acceleration and has been told to do so because of the injury at the start of the season. Which is why he's mostly knocking them in early. Once he starts being able to do both he's going to go to another level again.

Just makes such a difference to our play. You've got Rom, Ross and Del all bearing down on you - which one do you double-mark?

I don't think we're even close to seeing everything from him yet this season. Don't even mean his 'full potential' either - I get the feeling he's still holding off on really putting on the burners with his acceleration and has been told to do so because of the injury at the start of the season. Which is why he's mostly knocking them in early. Once he starts being able to do both he's going to go to another level again.

Just makes such a difference to our play. You've got Rom, Ross and Del all bearing down on you - which one do you double-mark?

Hmm I've noticed this too, in regards to his pace. It's a strange one because he has the ability to really burst past people, but the only time he's used it this season is against Barnsley and for his goal against Sunderland.

Players not allowed to improve?

Christ, you're a classic you.

I wonder how many hours of your life you've wasted trawling through old threads trying to make fellow Blues look silly.

Shall we go and find 99% of Evertonians who agreed that Naismith was rubbish, only to say he was our best player when he score a hat trick? Who the same people who claimed (rightfully) that Kone looked like he was finished before he was able to show his real form this year?

I am sure you can do more productive things with your time, God know what you could achieve if you spent your time on something useful.
He's made you look an utter quim there though lad.

Lukaku was asked to hold the ball up and play with his back to goal alot last season and hes improved considerably.

Perhaps Deulofeu is being told to cross early so he adds that to his game (while hes being careful with hamstrings?)...

Barkley was also shunted into all sorts of positions...

Think Deulofeu needs this year to settle in and next year he will be even more amazing.

As ive said a few times...imagine having another of him on the left....

That's where he should be playing now

The game has had plenty of speedy players who, when they begin to slow down and no longer have that extra 5% that took them past the defender, but still had the football nouse up top. came inside to sit in the hole and let their head save their legs.
Bobby Charlton, Ball, Best, Terry Paine, Callaghan, Coppell, Le Tissier, Ronaldo, Rooney...but he and United haven't twigged it.

So yes Delboy could do it now, but why waste the natural speed he has, this also lets him gain more experience.

There is also an argument for him there now just to run at them at speed...that usually frightens defenders to death.

That's where he should be playing now
For the Spanish U21s he usually to play right wing and as their captain you'd assume he gets to play in his preferred position for them - what makes you think he should play central at this point in his career?

He seems naturally happy to stay out wide, certainly compared to say Mirallas or Naismith, he appears to really enjoys burning his marker for pace and the defensive duties as a winger are often slightly less than playing centrally.

For the Spanish U21s he usually to play right wing and as their captain you'd assume he gets to play in his preferred position for them - what makes you think he should play central at this point in his career?

He seems naturally happy to stay out wide, certainly compared to say Mirallas or Naismith, he appears to really enjoys burning his marker for pace and the defensive duties as a winger are often slightly less than playing centrally.
Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back