Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
We talk of this fabled speed, has anyone seen it yet this season? Reckon he still has half a yard in him personally.

We talk of this fabled speed, has anyone seen it yet this season? Reckon he still has half a yard in him personally.

I think he's either concerned himself about the potential of another hamstring injury, or he has been instructed to limit it just to short bursts by RM - probably due to the injury.

It was interesting listening to Norcroft on Toffee Tv earlier this week. He said he had Greame Hunter (well connected at Barca) and they always felt Deulofeu was a natural replacement for Ronaldhino. That may shock most of us because we associate his skills being his pace, dribbling ability, crossing and finishing skills as his main attributes. However it was said his ability to thread balls through was the thing that stood out above them.

We are only just seeing that skill now, but there is every chance Deulofeu could become our much fabled number 10. I think he has everything in his game to be devastating if he moved inside. His finishing needs a bit of work but he does try to pass the ball in which is always a good sign. I'd like to see him put his boot through the ball ah la Arsenal away a couple of years ago. If you consider from a central position the amount of opportunities he'd get to get into the box and match that with his shot power, it is a deadly combination.

At the start of the season I said this lad was better than Depay and I lot laughed. I stand by that assertion. He has exceptional ability and would terrify defences if played centrally. When you consider what some of his peers cost, Markovic, Sterling, Martial, Depay I really don't think Deulofeu's name looks out of place on that list. You could easily make a case for him to be the best player on the above list. Like all of them he is not the finished article but has a lot going for him. I think he is a better finisher than Sterling. A better dribbler than Martial and a better crosser than Markovic.

I think it shows we have essentially added a 30 million type player for 4 million in the summer. All of the above were purchased for between 20-50 million (Markovic 20 million a year ago when prices have continued to rise). It gives some context to how well we have bought. Despite not spending huge amounts of money to say we've added Deulofeu, Mori, Cleverley and Lennon to our squad for less than 20 million is brilliant business.

If Deulofeu were playing this season for Utd/City/ Arsenal/ Chelsea and had the impact that he has had with us can you imagine the coverage he would be getting...and rightly so.

In the entire transfer window just gone by I don't think there is a player that is close to have been better value .

It was interesting listening to Norcroft on Toffee Tv earlier this week. He said he had Greame Hunter (well connected at Barca) and they always felt Deulofeu was a natural replacement for Ronaldhino. That may shock most of us because we associate his skills being his pace, dribbling ability, crossing and finishing skills as his main attributes. However it was said his ability to thread balls through was the thing that stood out above them.

We are only just seeing that skill now, but there is every chance Deulofeu could become our much fabled number 10. I think he has everything in his game to be devastating if he moved inside. His finishing needs a bit of work but he does try to pass the ball in which is always a good sign. I'd like to see him put his boot through the ball ah la Arsenal away a couple of years ago. If you consider from a central position the amount of opportunities he'd get to get into the box and match that with his shot power, it is a deadly combination.

At the start of the season I said this lad was better than Depay and I lot laughed. I stand by that assertion. He has exceptional ability and would terrify defences if played centrally. When you consider what some of his peers cost, Markovic, Sterling, Martial, Depay I really don't think Deulofeu's name looks out of place on that list. You could easily make a case for him to be the best player on the above list. Like all of them he is not the finished article but has a lot going for him. I think he is a better finisher than Sterling. A better dribbler than Martial and a better crosser than Markovic.

I think it shows we have essentially added a 30 million type player for 4 million in the summer. All of the above were purchased for between 20-50 million (Markovic 20 million a year ago when prices have continued to rise). It gives some context to how well we have bought. Despite not spending huge amounts of money to say we've added Deulofeu, Mori, Cleverley and Lennon to our squad for less than 20 million is brilliant business.

Can't think of a better crosser of the ball in the league right now.

I think you see it in bursts but then he stops and allows the defender to back goal side. Not knocking him, reminds me so much of when Ronaldo first went to Utd

I think he's either concerned himself about the potential of another hamstring injury, or he has been instructed to limit it just to short bursts by RM - probably due to the injury.

I'd say weve seen his pace without the ball, less so with the ball at his feet. Perhaps its that which has been identified as the injury risk or i guess maybe he is just changing his style.

I don't think it's anything to do with injuries, I think it's a conscious decision.

He's sticking out wide, taking the ball to feet and running with it, or crossing early, or occasionally drifting in field and picking the Hollywood pass.

He's not using his pace because he's not being a headless chicken now. Raheem Sterling is the knock and run merchant; Deulofeu is developing into a class well beyond that.

Me too.

Those look remarkably long odds.

Rom all day long with how things are going; 7 goals, 4 assists. We all know these awards don't actually reflect actual performances, so Geri would have to go some way to better Rom, Martial or Sterling for this award imo.

Narrative plays a huge part in these awards. Just look at Coutinho getting in the PFA TotY last season after a good month. Or when Giggs was PotY just because he was old and had never won it on merit before.

Still, a tenner isn't a huge sum so perhaps a punt on Geri isn't too bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back