Getting old

The builder is decorating?
sfpassio.jpg

Finishing this?
With the state of some of these walls i think this house may pre-date that.

Ok ok ok not sure where to post this…. But I play football in a lunchtime corporate league every week, and you will never ever believe who turned up to watch the game, and gave the opposition a motivational team talk!!! Im in Sydney too fyi. I was there early and me and two other guys ran over to join the other teams huddle!!

Sir Alex Ferguson.

I swear to god. Pics later!

This might be a bit deep for this thread so apologies in advance, but is it normal for regrets to creep into your mindset when you hit a certain age? Is it a midlife thing? Do those thoughts fade in time ?

Not sure if ‘ regret ‘ is the right word but, what I mean is as examples when sat there in a world of my own…

I regret not going back to school at that point in my life
I wish I’d of taken that risk 5 years ago and taken that job
I regret not spending money and enjoying a holiday every year

So many examples. Does this mindset creep in when you realize you’re half way through your life and there is so much more you want to do?

This might be a bit deep for this thread so apologies in advance, but is it normal for regrets to creep into your mindset when you hit a certain age? Is it a midlife thing? Do those thoughts fade in time ?

Not sure if ‘ regret ‘ is the right word but, what I mean is as examples when sat there in a world of my own…

So many examples. Does this mindset creep in when you realize you’re half way through your life and there is so much more you want to do?
The older you get the more you reflect on life its normal, I'm 46 now and i am constantly thinking about my life as a kid or teenager and how fantastic it was even though i had nothing but good family and friends.
Every single one of us have the 'what if' moments call them regrets or whatever mate but you make the most of what you've got from the choices we made.
From my experience the biggest rewards are from the biggest risks.

Do what you can while you can because tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone. That's how i look at life anyway.
I never get people who work hard bank loads of money who are complete tight arses but do nothing with their life! What's the point? What are you working for?

The older you get the more you reflect on life its normal, I'm 46 now and i am constantly thinking about my life as a kid or teenager and how fantastic it was even though i had nothing but good family and friends.
Every single one of us have the 'what if' moments call them regrets or whatever mate but you make the most of what you've got from the choices we made.
From my experience the biggest rewards are from the biggest risks.

Do what you can while you can because tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone. That's how i look at life anyway.
I never get people who work hard bank loads of money who are complete tight arses but do nothing with their life! What's the point? What are you working for?

I do this quite often now. I would say the last year or so i often find myself having flash backs of the times i was a kid and how simple, free and enjoyable it was.

Your last line also is something i have been doing for the last couple of years and i don't know why i am doing it mate. Since Covid hit i found myself working even more hours than i normally would, almost to burn out, and i am not doing anything with the money. Just banking it ' in case ' i need it. I am also in my mid 40's and you are right...

If we can't enjoy the luxuries from our hard work, what is the point, what are we working for. Thanks mate.

Think it's a natural process of ageing, I would have done everything different,

Mate I'm 30 next year and have that occasionally haha

I personally wouldn't have - just done some things earlier.

But as per my post above - ask me again in 10-15 years I suppose lol

Being 30 only seemed like it was a few years ago for me, but it’s been 15+ in reality.

The years are going by so quickly that it actually feels scary. I hope by the time you get into your mid 40’s and beyond, and looking back on this post ( if GOT is still around ), you would of lived your life to fullest, seen places, experienced the world outside your comfort zone efc…. Which was my point on the above post.

I consider myself still young. I’m healthy, my kids are healthy, my family too, have great close friends, but I don’t know….. I wish I’d of done more when I had opportunities instead of sacrificing for others.

Don't make plans, do it now while you're healthy
You never know what's around the corner,
Covid messed up all my early retirement plans regarding holidays.
I'm 66 now and been diagnosed with various heart problems, I can't even do little jobs around the house and garden, my quality of life has disappeared.
I just feel a burden on my family
Totally pissed off
Have a peek here

Being 30 only seemed like it was a few years ago for me, but it’s been 15+ in reality.

The years are going by so quickly that it actually feels scary. I hope by the time you get into your mid 40’s and beyond, and looking back on this post ( if GOT is still around ), you would of lived your life to fullest, seen places, experienced the world outside your comfort zone efc…. Which was my point on the above post.

I consider myself still young. I’m healthy, my kids are healthy, my family too, have great close friends, but I don’t know….. I wish I’d of done more when I had opportunities instead of sacrificing for others.
I'm looking forward to having kids and all that tbh.

I'm trying to do my best - getting out of my comfort zone (for me) meant getting back into studying, then programming/IT courses, got a new job away from the cushy but underpaid one and into a new and exciting but well paid one, actually proposed to my gf last month...

Last paragraph is most important tbh. As long as everyone is healthy and happy - it's alright. I tend to think of it in a way that it made me grow or learn, instead of regretting not starting whateveritis earlier.

As a side note to getting older - I'm currently looking into getting a new car and I'm actually considering Citroen's and stuff, as they'd be cheap to maintain and also family cars (C5's or C4 Picasso/Grand Picasso for the 1 person wondering probably)... After having either sportier cars or the Jeep that I sold for parts recently lol Sod all that power, I wanna get to where I'm going and have a reliable enough car with AC, that's that lol

In my very humble opinion, having children is the best thing you can ever do - it'll push you; you'll be constantly tired; they're expensive - but it's brilliant.

I wouldn't swap it for the world, ever.
As much as I love my two lads I wouldn't have kids if I had my life again, I tell them if they have any sense don't have any kids and live a full life for themselves instead

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back