Getting old

In the last 15 months my hearing has gone below 50% in left and 60% in right ears, I get tinnitus in the left, I have sciatica, regularly get blepharitis and I know I am more and more grumpy.

I am really intolerant of the rubbish served up on chat shows and just avoid them.

Bad drivers make me really annoyed especially aggressive Audi idiots....although I helped my daughter to buy one !!!
I've had blepharitis this year. It's bloody annoying. Is that an old person's thing?

I've got The Stones, Joni Mitchell, Lennon, McCartney, Genesis, Floyd, Queen and Stevie Wonder cued up to take me into the next few years. Feel like I'm going backwards in music but beats listening to todays stuff, and I've never actually heard most of it.

I'm at age where I can access it, in the past you had to be really selective about buying music unless you spent money on it or your folks or friends listened to it, and I'm old enough now to appreciate it.

I've had blepharitis this year. It's bloody annoying. Is that an old person's thing?

I don't think it is age related. I was getting an eye test about 15 years ago and the ophthalmologist copped it - I thought it was just an allergy.

Boots do a good foam to treat it - my eyes are nice and clear again after about four days using the foam.

Well, another step taken today.

Since about August 2021 i have noticed my hearting getting worse.

For asome time now I have been using the subtitles option on the TV.

As I sing in a number of choirs, and conduct one, this is a serious problem. I was chairing a parish meeting on Wednesday night and I was really struggling to hear people.

I have had three audiology tests from December 2021 to last October and they are all saying the same thing.

So....a pair of hearings aids are now on the way for old BR. Delivery Monday week. Here's to a new chapter!

As I sing in a number of choirs, and conduct one, this is a serious problem. I was chairing a parish meeting on Wednesday night and I was really struggling to hear people.

I have had three audiology tests from December 2021 to last October and they are all saying the same thing.

So....a pair of hearings aids are now on the way for old BR. Delivery Monday week. Here's to a new chapter!

I am as blind as Delius, but have the hearing of the greater wax moth.

Swings and roundabouts.

"help me cross the road son, 'ave got aides in both ears".

I mentioned in the pub last night that I needed to get some new walking boots. One lad told me that he had recently bought a pair.
"got an absolute bargain, they were 'only' £120. they usually cost £190"
I said I certainly won't be paying anything like that.
He said "a pair of top boots will last you a lifetime"

I said "I'm 68 FFS, a pair of plastic sandals would probably do that!" lol

I mentioned in the pub last night that I needed to get some new walking boots. One lad told me that he had recently bought a pair.
"got an absolute bargain, they were 'only' £120. they usually cost £190"
I said I certainly won't be paying anything like that.
He said "a pair of top boots will last you a lifetime"

I said "I'm 68 FFS, a pair of plastic sandals would probably do that!" lol

Army Surplus.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back