Getting old

But apparently none of the tests are that accurate. My blood test came back completely positive but still need to go regularly at 4am (and while I'm drinking beer and watching EFC games at the same time - lucky I'm not at Goodison). You only get fingered here if your blood is a bit iffy.
I had the finger of fun and was told my prostrate was enlarged but smooth, I had blood tests which come back normal, but I do feel pressure on my left hand side and have felt this for some time. It does change toilet habits a little, but I’ve had mine checked each year for thr last two years, may go again this year. The general advice is to get it checked in the UK every two years when over 50.

I had the finger of fun and was told my prostrate was enlarged but smooth, I had blood tests which come back normal, but I do feel pressure on my left hand side and have felt this for some time. It does change toilet habits a little, but I’ve had mine checked each year for thr last two years, may go again this year. The general advice is to get it checked in the UK every two years when over 50.
It's should be a routine check for every bloke over 50 like the smear and breast checks for women.

Reading through this thread makes me feel incredibly lucky.
I was 70 last Thursday and I can honestly say I have never had any serious illness in my life.
Sure I get all the usual (and inevitable) age related aches and joint pains, but it's a case of accepting them and carrying on. They are obviously not too bad as I've never even considered pain relief tablets or lotions and potions.
The only tablet I take is one 5mg Amlodipine daily, which keeps my blood pressure in check.
I'm still active and still enjoy life. I wear glasses for reading only.
My hearing deteriorated quiet badly in my 50s but although I dislike wearing them, hearing aids mean that I can still follow conversations on a one to one basis, (though I do struggle in group settings, i.e. four or five people talking over each other in the pub etc.) As well as my general health I've also been incredibly lucky never to have had any serious injury. The only broken bone I've ever had was a broken nose and that was over 30 years ago.
I still do a fair amount of walking.
I still get to the match whenever I can get tickets (really enjoy taking my Grandson these days)
I still get to the pub a couple of times a week (and still drink too much)
The real problem with increasing age is the sadness that comes with the more regular loss of friends and family members.
A week on Monday I will be a pallbearer at my elder sisters funeral.
Particularly after reading this thread however, I realise how fortunate I am to be in the position to be able to do that.

Got a list of ailments as long as someone twice my age, life is short- try and enjoy whatever you can. I had an urgent referral and had the camera up my jacksey, don’t be like me and refuse the anaesthetic and choose gas and air, really don’t do that.

And also be wary if both the doctors hands can be felt on your shoulders while the examination is occurring.

Reading through this thread makes me feel incredibly lucky.
I was 70 last Thursday and I can honestly say I have never had any serious illness in my life.
Sure I get all the usual (and inevitable) age related aches and joint pains, but it's a case of accepting them and carrying on. They are obviously not too bad as I've never even considered pain relief tablets or lotions and potions.
The only tablet I take is one 5mg Amlodipine daily, which keeps my blood pressure in check.
I'm still active and still enjoy life. I wear glasses for reading only.
My hearing deteriorated quiet badly in my 50s but although I dislike wearing them, hearing aids mean that I can still follow conversations on a one to one basis, (though I do struggle in group settings, i.e. four or five people talking over each other in the pub etc.) As well as my general health I've also been incredibly lucky never to have had any serious injury. The only broken bone I've ever had was a broken nose and that was over 30 years ago.
I still do a fair amount of walking.
I still get to the match whenever I can get tickets (really enjoy taking my Grandson these days)
I still get to the pub a couple of times a week (and still drink too much)
The real problem with increasing age is the sadness that comes with the more regular loss of friends and family members.
A week on Monday I will be a pallbearer at my elder sisters funeral.
Particularly after reading this thread however, I realise how fortunate I am to be in the position to be able to do that.

“ The real problem with increasing age is the sadness that comes with the more regular loss of friends and family members.”…

I’ve lost 3 close friends so far this year, one just last week. I’ve got two more that may pass away before too long. Have you noticed that you now go to funerals but not weddings nor christenings…

“ The real problem with increasing age is the sadness that comes with the more regular loss of friends and family members.”…

I’ve lost 3 close friends so far this year, one just last week. I’ve got two more that may pass away before too long. Have you noticed that you now go to funerals but not weddings nor christenings…
Yes mate been a few myself lately,i used to say to me dad (rip) 20yr ago,your going to a lot of funerals,he said yes but at least im coming home from them.chin up mate.

Just had a pee and am going to bed .. fuming because I know I’ll be up at 4 for another pee
Least it just gets you up in the night, no fun for us mature ladies, Everytime I get a cold now I worry more about peeing myself with the sneezing and coughing although pleased to say TENA now do liners in black which look better in my black knickers instead of the usual white 😆

Least it just gets you up in the night, no fun for us mature ladies, Everytime I get a cold now I worry more about peeing myself with the sneezing and coughing although pleased to say TENA now do liners in black which look better in my black knickers instead of the usual white 😆
Pics or gtf.

I'm joking of course.

From a male perspective, I can't understand anyone over 50 wearing light coloured trousers on a night out or I recently seen the lightning seeds and ian brodie had white jeans on,his son is in the band my son would've definitely told me not to wear them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back